ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address while applying for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

stormystorms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Change of address while applying for citizenship

Post by stormystorms » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Hi all. I plan to submit online application and use NDRS and JCAP. My appointment is next week but I will be moving house at the end of the month.

I understand that if I move house, I have to:

1) Update address via https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/
2) Email change of circumstance via nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Anything else I should do? What about the JCAP? How should I tell the passport office that I've changed address? I'm unclear of that process...

Thanks!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Change of address while applying for citizenship

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:25 pm

How about just using your future home address as home address in the application?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:45 pm

A house purchase can fall through (assuming it’s a house purchase)

Set up Royal Mail redirect so all your mail comes to your new address. Write to the HMPO with your new address when you move.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

stormystorms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by stormystorms » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:40 pm

I'm still in my current address so it may look weird when I use my other address...not sure what sort of checks they do!

Alright, so those two steps plus manually writing/emailing HMPO? Thanks!

EUPR
India

Post by EUPR » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:59 am

Hi,
I am going to change my address.
Do I need to give the following detail to home office or something else.

"
Information required to submit a change of address
You’ll need the following information to submit a change of address:
your full name
your date of birth
your nationality
your old postcode
your new address
your passport, BRP or ARC number
the name,
date of birth and nationality of any dependants if you need to update their details

You will also need digital copies of the following:
your identity document ( ie passport, BRP, ARC, EEA identity card, travel document, UK driving licence (photocard only) )

recent documents showing your new address (ie utility bills, bank, credit card or mortgage statements, rental agreement, council tax bill or benefits statement)

If you have applied for asylum in the UK and are being provided with accommodation by a UKVI housing partner, such as G$S, Serco or Clearel, a letter from them confirming this will be accepted as proof of address
If you are being provided with accommodation by a registered charity / organisation as a result of child abuse or domestic violence, a letter from the organisation confirming this will be accepted as proof of address
solicitor’s letter of authority on headed paper, if you’re updating your legal representative’s details
"
This information is from Home office website.

I am going to send letter by post.

Please reply do i really need to give this detail.
I have already moved to new address. I dont want if HO send docs to my old address.

I am waiting for your advice