ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship by descent question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sandyofili
Newly Registered
Nigeria

British Citizenship by descent question

Post by Sandyofili » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:20 am

Hi everyone . My dad was a British citizen by naturalization. He passed away when I was 3 months old. He was married to my mom and he had me outside the Uk. I’m trying to apply for I’m citizenship by decent but I don’t have any proof that my dad was a I’m citizen. My older half siblings got their citizenship through my dad before I was born. I’m 23 now. How do I go about applying if I don’t have documents proofing his citizenship.

Thank you all.

vinny

Re: British Citizenship by descent question

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:21 am

If your father was naturalised and married to your mother prior to when you were born, then you are automatically British.

Ask your siblings if they still have the documents / evidence that they had used. Perhaps you may use the same?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.