ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Reconsideration approved - Refund amount less than paid?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tot

Naturalisation Reconsideration approved - Refund amount less than paid?

Post by tot » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:34 am

Hi there,

We just had our Naturalisation Reconsideration approved. The form NR reads you get refund of your application if the decision gets turned around. So as we did pay £321+321= £642 for both of us for NR fees... Is that not what we should expect to get it refunded? Asking as we received the refund cheque of around £450 ish..

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Reconsideration approved - Refund amount less than paid?

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 am

You have likely been charged the £80 x 2 for the ceremony fee, as clearly stated in the form.
Whilst there is no lega l right of appeal or review of nationality decisions, you may ask for it to be reconsidered if you disagree with the reason for refusal. There is a small charge for reconsideration which will be returned (less the citizenship ceremony fee where appropriate) if the decision is reversed and your application is approved.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tot

Post by tot » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi thanks for the quick response, does that mean we have a private ceremony if we are paying for it? Or £80 is the normal charge for ceremony? Sorry if I sound as noob

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:25 pm

tot wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:22 pm
Hi thanks for the quick response, does that mean we have a private ceremony if we are paying for it? Or £80 is the normal charge for ceremony? Sorry if I sound as noob

Thanks
£80 is for the Public group ceremony. This is the same amount (£80 ceremony fee) you would have been refunded when your application was originally refused. If you want a private ceremony, you will have to pay an additional fee based on your particular council (each council charges their own fee).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tot

Post by tot » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:56 pm

Ah ok thats good to know. Alright so in our case we applied via JCAP for both myself and wife, would you know if that when we applied did the cost include the £80pp for ceremony fees...asking as we never got refunded after our refusal last year.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:02 pm

tot wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:56 pm
Ah ok thats good to know. Alright so in our case we applied via JCAP for both myself and wife, would you know if that when we applied did the cost include the £80pp for ceremony fees...asking as we never got refunded after our refusal last year.
You should have received a £80 x 2 refund when your application was refused. It would have be credited to your bank card you used to pay the citizenship fee.

The citizenship fee you paid last year would have included the ceremony fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tot

Post by tot » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:17 pm

Alright so I double checked my account from which I paid the Application fees (Bank statement reads - £2564 to Natiopnality Direct) initially. However we never received the ceremony fees when we had refusal.

I am assuming this could be problem as we had our applications 1st approved, however after we updated them with our circumstance then our application got refused. Could this be a mishap from their end?

ijam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by ijam » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi,
My apologies for tagging myself over here. Can you please let me know the process for applying for the refund, whom to contact etc.?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:23 pm

ijam wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:54 pm
Hi,
My apologies for tagging myself over here. Can you please let me know the process for applying for the refund, whom to contact etc.?
Please continue in your own topic.

The refund is usually automatic!
Char (CR001 not Casa)