ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Process after ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Atifhameed59
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Process after ILR

Post by Atifhameed59 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi,
Today I received my BRP card for Settlement on basis of Long Residence-10 years. I have few questions to ask;
1. I was reading naturalisation guidance and it says for last 12 months before naturalisation and after ILR you can be in total 180 days out of UK if you consider your stay in UK 7 years or more. Pls advise
2. Also, can be 740 days out of UK in total when I apply for Naturalisation, if I have been in UK for more then 7 years. Is that correct?
3. What documents I need to provide at time of Naturalisation? And how much whole process take from Naturalisation to passport?
4. I have credit cards issue. My friend did fraud on my credit card and I am unable to pay back. Will it be an issue at that time.
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation Process after ILR

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:02 pm

3. Check the guidance for the AN form this will spell out the documents you need. The application process can take anywhere between one and six months.
4. Was there any criminal or civil judgement against you, or county court judgment? That will have to be declared.

I leave points 1 and 2 to others to answer - you should set out details of your absences over the last five years which makes it easier for members to comment.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Atifhameed59
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation Process after ILR

Post by Atifhameed59 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:41 pm

3. No court judgment.

Can anyone else please advise. Thanks