ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship refused on grounds of residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gabioliver
Newly Registered
Romania

PND and application for citizenship

Post by gabioliver » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:34 am

Hi ,

Hope someone can help me with some info .I've been living in the uk for the last 10 years.My Romanian passport expires this year and i have 2 options,renew or apply for British Citizenship .I have a blue card obtained in 2009 .I'm married to a British national ,we have a little girl , we own our housed we both work and have been this entire time.I got a speeding ticked in 2012 or 2013 (can't remember :( ) ,payed the fine and went on the awareness course so i don't get any points on my licence.A couple of weeks ago i got a fine for being drunk and disorderly that i payed straight away :( .I know it's bad so please don't judge ,it never happened before and i should've known better.Now my problem is applying for citizenship .Would this affect my application ?If my application is refused do they refund the £1200 ? Any advice would be much appreciated. Many Thanks

rely1458

Re: PND and application for citizenship

Post by rely1458 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:41 am

It may affect your application, I believe discretion is applied by the caseworker. A more experienced member may advise you better.

As for the fees, unfortunately they won't refund you any money should tell application be refused.

gabioliver
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by gabioliver » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:04 pm

Thank you so much for your reply .It's strange that they keep the money if they make a discretionary decision to refuse even if i state the truth .Maybe not worth the risk then since i can live and have the same rights as a British national minus the passport .:(

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:29 pm

gabioliver wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:34 am
A couple of weeks ago i got a fine for being drunk and disorderly that i payed straight away
Who issued the fine?

gabioliver
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by gabioliver » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:50 pm

the police :(

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:41 pm

Penalty notices for disorders (PND's) issued by Police should not result in a refusal. According to this, it is not a record able offence.

gabioliver
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by gabioliver » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:48 pm

Thank you very much .It is my understanding that since this is the only one since my speeding ticket 6 years ago it wouldn't be classed as a pattern of bad character.I'll give the HO a call on monday and see what they say.Many thanks again for taking the time .

jimquk

Post by jimquk » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:25 pm

I wouldn't waste your time calling the Home Office. Whoever answers the phone will not be able to give you definitive guidance, and many people have been misled or have misunderstood whatever was said over the phone. If it's not in writing it's worthless.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

jimquk

Post by jimquk » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:26 pm

I wouldn't waste your time calling the Home Office. Whoever answers the phone will not be able to give you definitive guidance, and many people have been misled or have misunderstood whatever was said over the phone. If it's not in writing it's worthless.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

baddy

Post by baddy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:54 pm

gabioliver wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:34 am
Hi ,

Hope someone can help me with some info .I've been living in the uk for the last 10 years.My Romanian passport expires this year and i have 2 options,renew or apply for British Citizenship .I have a blue card obtained in 2009 .I'm married to a British national ,we have a little girl , we own our housed we both work and have been this entire time.I got a speeding ticked in 2012 or 2013 (can't remember :( ) ,payed the fine and went on the awareness course so i don't get any points on my licence.A couple of weeks ago i got a fine for being drunk and disorderly that i payed straight away :( .I know it's bad so please don't judge ,it never happened before and i should've known better.Now my problem is applying for citizenship .Would this affect my application ?If my application is refused do they refund the £1200 ? Any advice would be much appreciated. Many Thanks
Make sure you explain these two incidents on your form. If you dont declare them, you run the risk of refusal.

gabioliver
Newly Registered
Romania

citizenship refused on grounds of residence

Post by gabioliver » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:04 am

Hi everyone,ive just received my documents from the HO alongside a rejection reason letter.Apparently my blue card is not certifying permanent residency.What else can i do?Please help :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: citizenship refused on grounds of residence

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:09 am

If your blue card, which appears you got in 2009, does not specifically state it is a Document Certifying Permanent Residence and only states it is a Residence Card, then you did not qualify to apply for citizenship. You must have proof of PR first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gabioliver
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by gabioliver » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:14 am

When can apply again after PR?I provided p60 for the last 7 years ,council tax, bills .I'm married to a british national.I would of thought all these other factors are taken in consideration as proof of residency.Many thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:28 am

The requirement since 12 November 2015 is that an EU citizen can only apply for Citizenship if they hold a Document Certifying Permanent Residence. This is required, regardless of your residence and marriage to a British citizen.

You will need to apply for PR first before you can apply for citizenship again.

What exactly does your blue card say??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gabioliver
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by gabioliver » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:42 am

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:46 am

So its only a Residence Card.

Apply for a DCPR and then apply for citizenship again once you have that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)