ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After British passport help*urgent*

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

British passport from overseas

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Wed May 30, 2018 10:44 am

Hi!
I had submitted an application for my son, who is 12 years old now, at the end of April, around 25th from New Delhi VFS.

I would like to know how much time will it take to get the passport as I have some urgent matter in UK to attend to.

The application says around 6 weeks and online it says 16 weeks.. so what shall I expect?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British passport from overseas

Post by CR001 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:51 am

It can take 16 weeks up to 6/12 months from India.

How will you enter the UK??

general-uk-immigration-forum/uk-visa-pr ... l#p1578053
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

British passport overseas problem

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:41 pm

I have filed an application for my child's British passport from overseas, who is 12 years old.

Now they are asking for antenatal records which have been lost due to travelling and shifting. And the hospital has shut down and there are no records available. Just the doctor is available.

Can I get some advice as to what can be done as there is not much time left!

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British passport from overseas

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:51 am
It can take 16 weeks up to 6/12 months from India.

How will you enter the UK??

general-uk-immigration-forum/uk-visa-pr ... l#p1578053
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British passport overseas problem

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:44 pm

Did you submit original evidence of your marriage to a British citizen and the child's fathers' original documents to prove the child is British by descent??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Yes, I have.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:53 pm

And how will you enter the UK??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Right now the problem is about the antenatal records and providing further documents and would like some advice on that matter. The other matter is secondary. Please let me know what can be done?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:04 pm

What documents did you submit with the passport application, please list exactly what they were and whether copies or originals?

What is the exact list that HMPO are asking for, list each document they want?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:04 pm
What documents did you submit with the passport application, please list exactly what they were and whether copies or originals?

What is the exact list that HMPO are asking for, list each document they want?
I have submitted colored copies of the following documents :

1. Copies of Passport of child - all the previous passport
2. Copies of Passport of mother - all passports
3. Copies of passport of father - all passports
4. Proof of address of - mother, father and child
5. Issued birth certificate
6. Father naturalisation certificate
7. Marriage certificate
8. Family photos - 6
9. current school records copy
10. vaccination- nhs records copy
11. mother's 10th grade certificate as birth certificate.

Documents asked :-
  • Discharge summary
    Mothers birth certificate
    Antenatal records
    School progressive records
    Family photographs

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:46 pm

What date did your husband naturalised as British and what date was the child born?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:46 pm
What date did your husband naturalised as British and what date was the child born?
My husband was naturalised in the year 1990 and the child was born in March 2006.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:16 pm

Have HMPO said why they require the additional documentation??

Unfortunately, I don't think any member on the forum would have advice on how to get records from a facility that is no longer operational.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:22 pm

Yes, they have asked for the documents.. and I was asking if we could provide with something else, like a maternity test or some written document from the doctor. It's nearly impossible to find the documents they have asked for especially antenatal and discharge summary as the hospital has been shut down as well.

I have the government birth certificate, which I had provided. Shall I send that again?

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:24 pm

And they haven't mentioned any reason, just stated that all necessary documents were not enclosed.

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:41 pm

daisy_flowerworld wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:22 pm
Yes, they have asked for the documents.. and I was asking if we could provide with something else, like a maternity test or some written document from the doctor. It's nearly impossible to find the documents they have asked for especially antenatal and discharge summary as the hospital has been shut down as well.

I have the government birth certificate, which I had provided. Shall I send that again?
The list clearly specifies what they require. The hospital has shut and the required documents are not available. No one here would be able to tell you. This does not give legal advice it only shares experiences. VFS New Delhi perhaps has quiet a few such cases. I recommend you ask them what alternate document would be acceptable. Maternity test I thought was to find out if you are pregnant. The child is 12.
I am taking this opportunity to express that you are being very curt and dismissive to the moderators questions. None here care to know you and your personal history. CR is asking relevant questions inorder that she could get a full picture but you are ignoring and in once case even said its secondary. You expect people to go out of their way which would include doing some research in order to help you. What an attitude.
Last edited by ajitk1 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Is the father named on the birth certificate?

A DNA test might be another option.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Only for my information. Isnt it mandatory for a birth certificate to have father's name as the child already had obtained a family visit visa before?

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Yes, the birth certificate has both mother's and father's name

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:22 pm

Applications from South Asia take longer than elsewhere in the world.
Changes to British passport services in Pakistan wrote:There are different processing times for different types of passport:
Renewal of a passport: approximately 4 weeks
First time applications: approximately 6 months

These long processing times are due to a high level of attempted passport fraud and identity theft in South Asia. To tackle this, our teams carry out detailed checks before we issue passports.
Anecdotally, there have been some cases of couples informally adopting children in South Asia, typically within families, and passing them off as born to them. And I am not sure how much faith the HMPO places in documentation such as birth certificates issued in South Asia. Thence the delays and details requested such as antenatal records, photos of the mother during pregnancy, etc.

Obie opines that legal action needs to be taken against HMPO with regards to such delays.

If you google "HMPO India Pakistan" or "HMPO South Asia", it is interesting to see the jobs that the HMPO advertises for that region: document verification officers and counter fraud officers.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Is the birth certificate dated within a few weeks of the birth of the child? And why was no attempt made to apply for a British passport or a CoE-RoA or a consular birth certificate (some form of documentation of British citizenship) earlier?

In a similar case (birth records not existing or being recognised), a Bahamanian father is looking at submitting a DNA test.

In your case, that may be an option, as the father had acquired British citizenship years before the birth of the child.

It would not be an option if the child is born within months of the father acquiring British citizenship, as it is not a matter of just ancestry, but also of proving that the birth occurred after the acquisition of citizenship that is relevant when it comes to evaluating whether the child has British citizenship or not.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:33 pm

I have found the antenatal records and the ultrasounds of the child bearing my name. But I don't have the discharge summary as it was submitted to the officials for obtaining the birth certificate. Do you think I shall get a letter from the concerned doctor about the delivery?

Please advice. I don't mean to be rude or anything like that with anyone. If anyone felt that way I am sorry. I did not mean it.

Thank you and your support is appreciated!

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

Child overseas passport problem

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:31 pm

We had applied for a British Passport from India. Even after providing documents they have asked for twice, they are asking for:-

Mother's birth certificate, which is not available as she was born in 1966, and in India, 10th-grade certificate are considered as birth certificate. We had provided them with 10th,12th official mark sheet along with voter id and life in UK test as well.

Can someone please advise as to how to go through with it as obtaining a birth certificate in India is a lengthy process and we don't have much time given.

Secondly, we have lost the discharge summary of the child but have provided antenatal records.. Is there any other alternative like getting an official letter from the concerned obstrecian.?

Any help is appreciated!
Thank you

daisy_flowerworld
Newly Registered

passport help

Post by daisy_flowerworld » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:22 pm

We had applied for a British Passport from India. Even after providing documents they have asked for twice, they are asking for:-

Mother's birth certificate, which is not available as she was born in 1966, and in India, 10th-grade certificate are considered as birth certificate. We had provided them with 10th,12th official mark sheet along with voter id and life in UK test as well.

The rule of birth registration came in 1969 and the mother was born in 1966. Can we provide hmpo with this rule?

Any help is appreciated!
Thank you

Upa
Newly Registered
Nepal

Re: passport help

Post by Upa » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi
Did you manage to receive the passport? I’m in a similar situation.