ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confirmation of reconsideration without refusal

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SpeedyGonzalez
Newly Registered
Brazil

Confirmation of reconsideration without refusal

Post by SpeedyGonzalez » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Hello everyone
I was hoping someone could help me as I received a letter today which had me extremely concerned.
I applied for British Citizenship on the 20th August, provided all supporting documentation and biometrics within the deadlines.
Since I am starting a new job next month and I had not heard from the Home Office, I submitted a request for return of my passport and BRP in order to prove to my employer I have the right to work and reside in the UK. I received those Friday last week.
Today I received a letter from the Home Office stating they have accepted my request for reconsideratio of my application refusal and asked me to pay £80 which had been refunded to me. The problem with this is I never received a communication of refusal, therefore I never submitted a request for reconsideration. I also never got a refund for £80.
I don't know whether this is a mistake and I am so confused as they want the payment by Monday and I only saw this letter tonight (thursday) and I don't want to miss a deadline in case I have to pay this amount. Does anyone have any idea? Is this a mistake? Who should I contact?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Confirmation of reconsideration without refusal

Post by bruteforce » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:28 pm

No need to panic, write to them explaining the situation, also send them the copy of their letter back & send my recorded delivery for future reference. If you have not been refused then there must be some misunderstanding on their part like some kind of mix up of cases.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:29 pm

If there are no contact details on the letter, then try complaining?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SpeedyGonzalez
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by SpeedyGonzalez » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:46 am

bruteforce wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:28 pm
No need to panic, write to them explaining the situation, also send them the copy of their letter back & send my recorded delivery for future reference. If you have not been refused then there must be some misunderstanding on their part like some kind of mix up of cases.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have most certainly not received any refusal letters from them and this letter from yesterday mentions an application to reconsider which I wouldn't have done. All of my documents have been submitted with special delivery. I honestly believe this is a mix up but it made me worry as this is the first communication I get from them in regards to my application other than my returned documents.
I'm just hoping this can be sorted out soon.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:55 am

It's obviously a mistake, if you didn't pay the expensive Nationality review fees.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.