ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A.N.online form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mdfwebb
Newly Registered
Italy

A.N.online form

Post by mdfwebb » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:38 pm

Hello,
I am completing my A.N. online application.
I am a EU citizen, resident in the UK since 1988, married since 1995 to a British Citizen and I have been granted ILR via the Settled Status Scheme on 24/1/19.
I need to provide 3 years proof of residence. I have only recently registered as self employed. I have been a stay-at-home parent until 1st October 2018. My previous employment records go from 1990 until 1999 which is when I stopped paid employment.
Can I provide the Council Tax Statements for the last three years as proof of residence? I have been at the same address since 2005. What else could I provide instead?
Many thanks
Monica

cassandra
Newly Registered

Re: A.N.online form

Post by cassandra » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:25 am

Do you have a current bank account in your name? You could provide the account summaries for that last five years. I hope this helps.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:29 am

The advice is that bank statements are not accepted.
Official paperwork such as Council Tax, HMRC, DWP, etc should be submitted.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

eubc
Newly Registered

Post by eubc » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:00 pm

Can you please update this thread once you hear something from Home Office about your application.

My wife is in exactly the same situation with settled status just sorted and she is a stay at home mum but I am worried about whether the comprehensive sickness insurance requirement is waived from the naturalisation process also.

(british-citizenship/married-to-bc-has-e ... l#p1740572)

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:14 pm

You mentioned you are a "parent". Child benefit statement is from a government organisation source. Just an idea --- I don't know if anyone has successfully used it. I would say several collaborating documents will help.

Also, child benefits count as National Insurance contributions towards a pension, so a pension or NIC statement might also be available for you. Again, just an idea.