ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK registration mistake

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ningakid99
Newly Registered

Life in the UK registration mistake

Post by ningakid99 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:22 pm

When I registered for the test, I chose the reason to do the test is for the indefinite leave to remain. However, after I passed the test I found out that for my circumstances, I require it for citizenship not indefinite leave to remain. Will my pass certificate be accepted when I apply for the citizenship or should I do the test again?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Life in the UK registration mistake

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:26 pm

It is the same test for ILR and citizenship. There is no issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MrHud
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by MrHud » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:11 am

No issues Life in UK test is required for both Citizenship and ILR :)

Best of luck

ningakid99
Newly Registered

Post by ningakid99 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:45 am

So just to confirm, the purpose of doing the test is irrelevant when applying for citizenship? As long as I have the pass certificate it doesn't matter what my original purpose of doing the test was for. right?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:48 am

ningakid99 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:45 am
So just to confirm, the purpose of doing the test is irrelevant when applying for citizenship? As long as I have the pass certificate it doesn't matter what my original purpose of doing the test was for. right?
Thats correct. Its valid for ILR and Citizenship and does not have any expiry date. Personally the test is BS just way to make money.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:50 am

ningakid99 wrote:
You need to meet the LIUK for citizenship but as LIUK does NOT expire, you can use the same test for ILR and Citizenship. This has been answered many times on the forum and the citizenship AN guide is clear on this.

You are overthinking perhaps.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ningakid99
Newly Registered

Post by ningakid99 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:12 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:50 am
ningakid99 wrote:
You need to meet the LIUK for citizenship but as LIUK does NOT expire, you can use the same test for ILR and Citizenship. This has been answered many times on the forum and the citizenship AN guide is clear on this.

I might be overthinking this but my experience with the home office taught me that those people need the smallest reason to reject your application so you will have to reapply and pay again.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:15 am

ningakid99 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:12 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:50 am
ningakid99 wrote:

I might be overthinking this but my experience with the home office taught me that those people need the smallest reason to reject your application so you will have to reapply and pay again.

Thanks for all the help guys :)
There is no issue here. If the name is the same as your passport, even if the wrong way round, you are clearly the same person, that is besides the other identifying information available to HO from LIUK etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)