ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application From USA: Which courier delivers the Passport in the US?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Junior305
Newly Registered
United States of America

Passport Application From USA: Which courier delivers the Passport in the US?

Post by Junior305 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:05 pm

Hello I am just curious about how a passport is mailed/delivered to a US address after an approved application? (USPS, FEDEX, UPS, ETC...)

I have a US PO Box and I would rather have a passport mailed there instead of directly to my home but the PO BOX only accepts mailings and deliveries from the Postal service so that is why I'm asking. Thanks!

PleasantThebest
South Africa

Re: Passport Application From USA: Which courier delivers the Passport in the US?

Post by PleasantThebest » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:16 pm

Junior305 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:05 pm
Hello I am just curious about how a passport is mailed/delivered to a US address after an approved application? (USPS, FEDEX, UPS, ETC...)

I have a US PO Box and I would rather have a passport mailed there instead of directly to my home but the PO BOX only accepts mailings and deliveries from the Postal service so that is why I'm asking. Thanks!
They use DHL.

If you want it delivered to some other address, they usually require an explanation and proof of a link to that address. I recently did my passport application and had to respond (via email) with a signed declaration stating why I wanted my passport delivered to an address other than the one I live at.

Junior305
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Passport Application From USA: Which courier delivers the Passport in the US?

Post by Junior305 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:35 pm

PleasantThebest wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:16 pm
Junior305 wrote:

They use DHL.

If you want it delivered to some other address, they usually require an explanation and proof of a link to that address. I recently did my passport application and had to respond (via email) with a signed declaration stating why I wanted my passport delivered to an address other than the one I live at.
I've seen the part in the application where they ask for explanation if I'd want them to send to an alternate address but since they use DHL I have no choice but to use my home address. Thanks so much.

One more question, I have the 2 X 2 US Sized Passport Photos, will the British Passport Authority accept those or do I MUST have the UK 45mm x 35mm?

PleasantThebest
South Africa

Post by PleasantThebest » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:41 pm

Junior305 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:35 pm
PleasantThebest wrote:
Junior305 wrote:

They use DHL.

I've seen the part in the application where they ask for explanation if I'd want them to send to an alternate address but since they use DHL I have no choice but to use my home address. Thanks so much.

One more question, I have the 2 X 2 US Sized Passport Photos, will the British Passport Authority accept those or do I MUST have the UK 45mm x 35mm?
You have to do the UK 45 x 35. I wouldn't take a chance by doing otherwise. After you complete the online application, it gives you the photo guide. There's a neat box on the form which you can use to 'test' your photo size :)

peacefultraveller

Post by peacefultraveller » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Are USA citizens able to directly swap their passport to a British Passport?

(Asking just out of curiosity)
No Borders. No Nations. No Flags. Free Citizens of Planet Earth.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:52 pm

peacefultraveller wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Not sure where it's stated they are "swapping" passport.
I expect posters hold or have been granted British citizenship and now apply for their passports.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Junior305
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Junior305 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:33 pm

PleasantThebest wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:41 pm
Junior305 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:35 pm
PleasantThebest wrote:
Junior305 wrote:

They use DHL.

You have to do the UK 45 x 35. I wouldn't take a chance by doing otherwise. After you complete the online application, it gives you the photo guide. There's a neat box on the form which you can use to 'test' your photo size :)
I guess I need to invest in a ruler and a sharp blade lol! Thanks again!
peacefultraveller wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:05 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:52 pm

Not sure where it's stated they are "swapping" passport.
I expect posters hold or have been granted British citizenship and now apply for their passports.
Yup, there is no swapping!, and I'm actually getting my UK Passport renewed.

peacefultraveller

Post by peacefultraveller » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:21 am

Thank you for the reply.

Just broadening my knowledge.

I wasn’t sure if it was possible to swap from USA passport to UK, I know in places you can swap one citizenship to another.

Thanks again and all the best.
No Borders. No Nations. No Flags. Free Citizens of Planet Earth.