ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Online form Clarification - Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mis2704
Newly Registered
Mood:

MN1 Online form Clarification - Help

Post by mis2704 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:29 pm

Hello,

My daughter is 9 months old and at the time she was born I was on Tier 2 (General), I received my ILR recently and now I am planning to apply for my daughter's registration for British citizenship. I am using MN1 form (Online Version) and need urgent clarification of a few questions please. My Daughter has never travelled outside the UK and just have a Birth certificate and no other document.

1. A question in the application just after both the referees which states "Are you able to provide a biometric residence permit (BRP) card with this application?" - Who's biometric is this? Mine or my daughter's?

2. What document should I provide for the following questions:
A.) Proof of "Mother's" parental responsibility for "Daughter"
B.) "Daughter's"British passport, certificate of British citizenship, or evidence of their settled status in the UK (for example, a Permanent Residence document). - As mentioned above I don't have any other document except a UK Birth Certificate.
C.) If "Daughter" has a passport then provide this with your application. If "Daughter" does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card.
D.) If "Daughter" told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate. - I don't have citizenship rather I have an ILR (Settlement) I am happy to provide my BRP along with my application.
E.) Do I need to send all my original documents as NCS service is now closed and I am confused where to send the documents?

Your help with the above questions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks again.

sheraz78
Pakistan

Re: MN1 Online form Clarification - Help

Post by sheraz78 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:38 am

1) Your daugter's biometric card, if she have one.
2a) Baby's birth certificate
2b) Birth certificate is sufficient.
2c) If she has any other passport e.g pakistani, indian or any other nationality, please provide the number and Scan those pages of passport which are stamped (if any travel made by the child). If no passport available, any document of issued by foreign country would be ok. If no passport, no Id card, then it means the child is not registered in any embassy. this situation is also ok
d) You MUST have to provide the evidence of your settlement eg ILR and preferably your and your spouse passport copy and her PB Dependent BRP, if she has one.
e) if you choose new service sopra steria, you dont have to send any document or passport, rather you scan each document and upload to their website. also choose the date when you will take your daughter for BRP. At that point, they will also scan the documents and also ask you if you want to submit any other document that was not previously submitted. if you have one, please give them, if not, please allow them to submit your application.

bnagdev282
Newly Registered
India

Post by bnagdev282 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:10 pm

Hi , I a simple question . While filling in the declaration section in the online form for my son(5 year old) it asks :
1. I am the applicant or
2. I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorised to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them

Just wanted to check if i should select 2 but wanted to clarify that I am not his solicitor but as a parent acting on his behalf so bit confused :roll:

Thanks

kalven

Post by kalven » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:10 am

May I know what have selected finally?

I am Applicant or

on-behalf?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:14 am

kalven wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:10 am
May I know what have selected finally?

I am Applicant or

on-behalf?
For MN1, fairly obvious that the applicant is the child and the parent is applying on behalf of the child!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kalven

Post by kalven » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:51 pm

Hi Thank you responding.

I am still not able to figure which option should I select. So I should Select "I am applying on behalf of the applicant" is that correct. Sorry just wanted to make sure.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:54 pm

kalven wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:51 pm
Hi Thank you responding.

I am still not able to figure which option should I select. So I should Select "I am applying on behalf of the applicant" is that correct. Sorry just wanted to make sure.
Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.