ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship after PR (not completed 12 months)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ROHAAN7
Newly Registered

British Citizenship after PR (not completed 12 months)

Post by ROHAAN7 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:46 am

Respected Moderators,

First of all I would like to say Big Big thanks to you as finally I am going to apply BC.
I am on this forum since came to this country and got massive help from your all expert opinion
now I am on my last ladder please one more time help me.

As everybody might be aware neutralization application is very costly so I am just making sure I am in right directions please following is my case history.

Married with EEA national: Dec 2012
First RC card was issue May-2013
Divorced July-2015
ROR Granted- Aug-2017
PR issued- dated May-2018.
PR deemed date letter never received so I am not sure when actually I acquired PR.
SAR request submit to UKVI 7 weeks ago but no response at all send several reminders and email but only received generic response ‘Our aim is processed your application asap’

My question is can I apply for neutralization before May?
Since 8th January 2014 till today I am full time employed.
I can provide 6 P60’s and employment letter etc.
I never been out of country since came to UK.
I never been overstay in UK all previous applications was send with in time frame.
All other requirements is meet like CCJ’s, other civil offenses everything is clear.
Please respected Moderator, can I ask for your expert opinion?
I know there is only 6 weeks left to meet all requirement but there is very big reason I want to apply in next week.

Please let me know if any further information required to advise me.

Again thanks for all experts.

Konsog

Re: British Citizenship after PR (not completed 12 months)

Post by Konsog » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:18 am

As you seem to be aware, you risk getting rejected if one year has not passed since you officially qualified for PR.

Do you remember what evidence you submitted for your PR application, and what the earliest date on those documents might be? If you're not aware of the dates, I'd strongly suggest that you wait until May, possible even June. Unless, of course, you have £1,300 to spare...

ROHAAN7
Newly Registered

Post by ROHAAN7 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:15 am

Hi Konsog,
Thank you very much for your prompt response.
Yes I am fully aware that there is potential chances that my application can be refused.
The documents I submit on the time of PR application was exactly same which I send on the time of ROR application.
I send 2014-2018 P60's of myself.
all other utilities bills and other later dated 2013-2018
I also send proof of my ex was exercising treaty rights during divorce proceedings and on the time 2012-2012 when I was married.
What if HO refused application? Do I have the chance to send for reconsideration in month of May or I have to apply as fresh application and have to pay again?
Actually please correct me if I am wrong my understanding says If you cannot satisfy the 12 months restriction free time period requirement after getting PR then you have proof living 5 years and exercise treaty rights ?
Please shed some light on this as you are right nearly £1400 is not small money specially person like me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:20 am

What if HO refused application? Do I have the chance to send for reconsideration in month of May or I have to apply as fresh application and have to pay again?
A reconsideration costs £370 odd and there is no guarantee of success and there is no time frame on how long HO will take. If you are refused and do not apply for a reconsideration or your reconsideration is refused, you then have to apply and pay again. The fees usually increase in April too.
Actually please correct me if I am wrong my understanding says If you cannot satisfy the 12 months restriction free time period requirement after getting PR then you have proof living 5 years and exercise treaty rights ?
This relates to an EU citizen and not a Non EU citizen because you cannot exercise treaty rights as a non EU citizen. Unless you are married to a British citizen, the 12 months on PR is mandatory, there is no discretion.

Best would be to wait for your SAR to see what date HO deems you have attained PR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ROHAAN7
Newly Registered

Post by ROHAAN7 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:38 am

Oh My God... CR001 thank you very much I am lucky that you replied to my post as I have no doubt on your expert opinion as I am reading your posts since 2013 i think. Very well aware how do you help the peoples thanks for your reply.

So it means I have to hold my horses till May, and thx for clearing my confusion on this.
But if in SAR I found that I have attained PR somewhere in Dec-2018-March-2018 then I would be able to apply straight away? I have to attache SAR document with my application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:42 am

But if in SAR I found that I have attained PR somewhere in Dec-2018-March-2018 then I would be able to apply straight away? I have to attache SAR document with my application?
Yes and yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ROHAAN7
Newly Registered

Post by ROHAAN7 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Thanks CR001.

I am chasing my SAR since the 30 days lapsed, 1st of March when the 30 days completed but I did not received my SAR, and I am chasing I have send them email but not response is there anything I should do I mean at least they pay attention as it over 7 weeks now.

The actual turn around time is 30 days only.

Please advise.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi Rohaan,

How are you trying to contact SAR, I sent my request on 29th Jan 2019. I didn't get any response yet.

Can you please share me their contact details.

Thanks,
Sri.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:45 pm

srivisaN wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:33 pm
Hi Rohaan,

How are you trying to contact SAR, I sent my request on 29th Jan 2019. I didn't get any response yet.

Can you please share me their contact details.

Thanks,
Sri.
Under the Board Ts&Cs, members are not permitted to post contact details on the open forum. Spammers & Scammers regularly trawl the threads for such information. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Hi Casa,

I ment SAR email id, I saw few post showing generic email ids for naturalisation status tracking etc., I assume there would similar email id for SAR too.

I am not asking for specific caseworker email id.

Thanks,
Sri.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:03 pm

srivisaN wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:54 pm
Hi Casa,

I ment SAR email id, I saw few post showing generic email ids for naturalisation status tracking etc., I assume there would similar email id for SAR too.

I am not asking for specific caseworker email id.

Thanks,
Sri.
With apologies, I misread your post.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ROHAAN7
Newly Registered

Post by ROHAAN7 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:38 am

Hi CR001 and CASA,

Thank you very much for your precious time to read my post earlier.
Actually I was in keep in touch with SARU team through emails and they also explain me reason for delay beacuse they need to assigned my file to relevant case worker who hold my information once the case was assigned they send me email that you will get your report in two weeks.
At last I received my SAR on last Tuesday. I have received all my applications, decisions, landing card, everything I need.
Now the big one million pound question I am goona ask you two who I believe guide me properly.
It is I believe very unusual thing happened on my SAR the entitlement date of PR is 18th July 2018 and the BRP I received stated 1st May 2018. Guru's please guide me if I apply for citizenship after 1st May my application will be refused? as correct me if I am wrong I have to hold PR card for 12 months which will be over after 1st May 2018 or now I have to wait another two months? Also in SAR caseworker notes stated on my entitlement that my first RC was issue same date and they count five years from that date please guide me.
If you need any further information please let me know. I shall be very thankful to you.
Again thanks for your time to read my post.

ROHAAN7
Newly Registered

Post by ROHAAN7 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:41 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:42 am
Yes and yes.
Hi CR001,
Thank you very much for your precious time to read my post earlier.
Actually I was in keep in touch with SARU team through emails and they also explain me reason for delay beacuse they need to assigned my file to relevant case worker who hold my information once the case was assigned they send me email that you will get your report in two weeks.
At last I received my SAR on last Tuesday. I have received all my applications, decisions, landing card, everything I need.
Now the big one million pound question I am goona ask you two who I believe guide me properly.
It is I believe very unusual thing happened on my SAR the entitlement date of PR is 18th July 2018 and the BRP I received stated 1st May 2018. Guru's please guide me if I apply for citizenship after 1st May my application will be refused? as correct me if I am wrong I have to hold PR card for 12 months which will be over after 1st May 2018 or now I have to wait another two months? Also in SAR caseworker notes stated on my entitlement that my first RC was issue same date and they count five years from that date please guide me.
If you need any further information please let me know. I shall be very thankful to you.
Again thanks for your time to read my post.

ROHAAN7
Newly Registered

Post by ROHAAN7 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:48 am

Hi All,

Can someone please help me on above question please?

ROHAAN7
Newly Registered

Post by ROHAAN7 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:39 am

Resp Mod's,

Could you please help me in my situation as I need your expert opinion and shall be very thankful on your prompt response.
Thanks.

ROHAAN7
Newly Registered

Post by ROHAAN7 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:15 am

Dear All Resp Mod's,

I can fully understand how busy you might be and I really appreciate if you could just take a look on my post for few mins as I am still feeling hanging in the air I just need you expert opinion whether I should go or not.
Thanks for your time to read out this.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:15 am

ROHAAN7 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:41 am
It is I believe very unusual thing happened on my SAR the entitlement date of PR is 18th July 2018 and the BRP I received stated 1st May 2018. Guru's please guide me if I apply for citizenship after 1st May my application will be refused? as correct me if I am wrong I have to hold PR card for 12 months which will be over after 1st May 2018 or now I have to wait another two months?
Can you reproduce here the relevant parts of the SAR report that state that you acquired PR in July 2018?

A PR Card would not have been issued before you acquired PR. Therefore, if Home Office records show that you acquired PR in July 2018, your card is not a PR card, but a normal Residence Card.

Note that Residence Cards and PR cards look the same, except for stating that you have permanent residence on the front of the card. And even if you apply for PR, but don't qualify for it, the Home Office will send you a normal Residence Card (i.e. not a PR card) anyway. Read your card very carefully to make sure that it states that. Many people have lost the whole natutralisation fee for not knowing or noticing the difference.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ROHAAN7
Newly Registered

Post by ROHAAN7 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:27 pm

Hi Simon,
First of all thank you very much for your kind consideration and get time to look at my post.

Now, first of all I would like to share that I applied only for PR after successfully granted Retain Rights of residence in 2017.
Secondly, I have PR (BRP) clearly stated that permanent residence also it is valid for 10 years.
Issue date: 10th May 2018
Expiry Date: 10th May 2028.
Also I never received deemed date later from UKVI all I received my supporting documents bundle along with my previous passports and letter for BRP.
Thirdly, in relation to my Subject Access Request, it is state in entitlement column, 'We can confirmed applicant acquired permanent residence in 23rd July 2018 as the first RC was issued 23rd July 2013''.
Now one more thing I would like to share with you that my first EEA application was submitted in January 2013 however, home office make decision in July 2013 and this is exact date stated on my first RC 23rd Jul 2013. I guess the caseworker count my 5 years from date of issuing my first RC back in Jul 2013 to Jul 2018.

So, in this case if I go what you reckon could happens ?? as by law I must hold BRP for 12 months before apply for citizenship but when they will check my entitlement this would may be lead them to turned down please advise if you can.