ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saamna
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship application

Post by saamna » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:00 pm

saamna wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:56 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:29 pm
saamna wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:52 pm
Hi! I have question re English language test. I am working in NHS since 2014. What English proof can I provide?
It's the B1 test (£150) - working for the NHS has no bearing on the requirement.
But to be qualified to work in NHS I had to take IELTS in 2013, then pass the PLAB 1 and 2 exam both in English. Then get the General Medical council registration. Still? Can I not show them my IELTS?
What is NARIC? My Primary Medical education in Pakistan was in English aswell?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:21 am

You can go to Pakistan after you attain BC (even if you got it via refugee route). I know plenty people who went back and never had any problems. Given your husband and children are British also there wont be any problems. You might have a problem getting NICOP made from Pakistani embassy as they will ask your previous Pakistani passport. But now Pakistan has started on arrival visa for British Citizens (early this month) so your good to go without a NICOP/prior visa.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:22 am

saamna wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
saamna wrote:
Hi! I have question re English language test. I am working in NHS since 2014. What English proof can I provide?
It's the B1 test (£150) - working for the NHS has no bearing on the requirement.
But to be qualified to work in NHS I had to take IELTS in 2013, then pass the PLAB 1 and 2 exam both in English. Then get the General Medical council registration. Still? Can I not show them my IELTS?
OK, understand this is the guidance:
If you met the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the
UK when you applied for settlement by having a B1 level test you do not have to
demonstrate it again. (People who applied for settlement on or after 28 October
2013 needed to have had a B1 level qualification.)
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:25 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:22 am
saamna wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
saamna wrote:
If you met the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the
The op wasn't required to meet the English or Liuk requirement for Settlment as a refugee on form Set P, so that doesn't apply.

They must submit an English test that is on the current HO approved list and from an approved test provider.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:46 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:25 am
alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:22 am
saamna wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:

The op wasn't required to meet the English or Liuk requirement for Settlment as a refugee on form Set P, so that doesn't apply.

They must submit an English test that is on the current HO approved list and from an approved test provider.
Another exam!!! 🙄 looks like will have to take the test. Ok thank you very much for the advise.