ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application Issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

MN1 application Issue

Post by Jazz2007 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:16 pm

Dear All,

We have uploaded documents and Biometrics through UKVCAS service point in first week of February for my son's registration as a british citizen(1(3)).

We have a travel plan in April and emailed the Natinality team for the update.The application was ONLINE+UKVCAS and they replied can't find application in their CID(case information database) and asking for postal information. I have got confirmation from UKVCAS that they have successfully submitted documents(uploaded) from their end. It is strange that they couldn't find an online application and documents are digital.

I have replied to them the same and waiting for the answer. Please let me know f anyone come across this kind of situation. I thought MN1 applications are straightforward and can get result quickly but not in my case :(

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

British Passport from India

Post by Jazz2007 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:04 pm

Hi

HO has confirmed our son(UK Born) application, It was a technical issue.

Please help on our situation if we travel to india without getting registration certificate.

1) If he travel to india then is his MN1 is deemed to be withdrawn?

2) If my son travel to india on his current indian passport then can we apply for british passport in india after getting Registration Certificate in Uk and eventually, couriered to India. If yes, How long is the process?

3) His dependant visa is already expired and we have submitted his MN1 before expiring.

Please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Passport from India

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:14 pm

1) If he travel to india then is his MN1 is deemed to be withdrawn?
No.
2) If my son travel to india on his current indian passport then can we apply for british passport in india after getting Registration Certificate in Uk and eventually, couriered to India. If yes, How long is the process?
It can take up to 6-12 months for a passport from India.
3) His dependant visa is already expired and we have submitted his MN1 before expiring.
No issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Re: MN1 application Issue

Post by Jazz2007 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:16 pm

Thank you CR001 for your kind response.