ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and travel document

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saamna
Pakistan

Naturalisation and travel document

Post by saamna » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:56 am

Hi! I applied for Naturalisation (refugee ILR) on the 29th of April. I want to travel to Canada in June. And don't expect my "FIRST" British passport to be sorted by then. My question is is there any way I can apply for a travel document?
Many thanks

Springie

Re: Naturalisation and travel document

Post by Springie » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:11 pm

Assuming you don't already hold an HO Travel Document for which you applied for post-ILR grant?

Just apply for a regular Travel Document via the normal procedure - you're not eligible for a British passport until after you've attended your citizenship ceremony. So normal rules apply until then.

However, a Travel Document application can take 2-3 months by itself, so you may be no better off.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Thu May 23, 2019 1:49 pm

What is the best and quickest way to contact HO re status of ur application. I did call them and they say you have to write a letter to chase ur application. Sounds wierd!!! Is that correct? Any other way?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 23, 2019 4:43 pm

There is no way to check the status of your application. Refugees can apply for travel document as usual
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Olax88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Olax88 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:37 am

saamna wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:49 pm
What is the best and quickest way to contact HO re status of ur application. I did call them and they say you have to write a letter to chase ur application. Sounds wierd!!! Is that correct? Any other way?
Hi Saama I just applied for naturalisation after 12 months on ILR(refugee). How was the processing for you and you've received approval, how long did it take?