ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

British Passport application Query

Post by Jazz2007 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:08 am

I have recently received my son’s Registration certificate as a British Citizen(MN1).

I want to apply for fast track service for British Passport(1 week),

I will be sending following documents and have confusion on regarding one of the supporting docs.

1) Registration Certificate as a British citizen
2) Full Birth Certificate
3) Indian passport(Need to surrender after getting British passport)
4) photos

Confusion is

Was the applicant born or adopted in the UK? Yes born in UK

(Evidence
of applicant’s parents’ claim to British nationality at the time of applicant’s birth
This could be:
Ÿ Parents’Britishpassportnumber(providedatsection4of
the application form) OR
Ÿ Fullbirthcertificateofparent(s)*OR
Ÿ Certificateofregistrationornaturalisation
*If the applicant was born before 01/01/83 parent’s details are not required on the birth certificate. If making a claim through the father you will also need to provide a marriage certificate to the mother.
OR
Evidence of applicants’ parent’s immigration status in the UK at the time of applicant’s birth.
This could be:
Ÿ Parents’passportatthetimeofapplicant’sbirth
Ÿ Iffatherspassport,themarriagecertificatebetween
applicant’s mother and father is needed.
Ÿ UniqueApplicationNumberifparentsweregranted
Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) under the EU Settlement Scheme (see section 8 on page 9))

What are the documents i will need to include regarding this, I am on ILR now and at the time of son’s birth was on Tier 1 visa and sent the BRP to Home office which was valid at that time. My wife was on tier 1 dependant visa and now on FLR(M). She had the visa sticker on her passport regarding above but i have the passport only.

Please advise what should we include.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Passport application Query

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:09 am

It is your ilr evidence
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 am

Thanks for your reply,

My understanding was that, I have already provided ILR evidence to obtain MN1 for my son. Do you think i should submit it again for passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:43 am

Sorry, missed that it is passport you are asking.

Submit the registration cert etc as you have listed.

Note that the same form is used for ALL passport applications. Simply ignore sections not relevant to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:54 am

Thank you :D
You have made it simple.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Hi Jazz2007,

I will be applying for my daughter's MN1 form soon, she was born in UK and I got my ILR recently. At the time of her birth, I was on Tier 2 General visa and my wife is on Tier 2 dependent (PBS dependent) visa, we still have to apply for my wife's ILR.

We soon get our child's registration done, by that time, I will not have my or wife's naturalisation, please suggest if I submit my ILR proof, will that be sufficient for my child's first passport.

I will be very grateful if you can share your experience, specially the list of submitted documents.
Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:18 pm

curiousja wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:06 pm
Hi Jazz2007,

I will be applying for my daughter's MN1 form soon, she was born in UK and I got my ILR recently. At the time of her birth, I was on Tier 2 General visa and my wife is on Tier 2 dependent (PBS dependent) visa, we still have to apply for my wife's ILR.

We soon get our child's registration done, by that time, I will not have my or wife's naturalisation, please suggest if I submit my ILR proof, will that be sufficient for my child's first passport.

I will be very grateful if you can share your experience, specially the list of submitted documents.
Thanks!
Please ask your questions in your own topic you already have!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)