ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Study Abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bruska-hama
Newly Registered

Study Abroad

Post by bruska-hama » Thu May 16, 2019 7:17 pm

Hi everybody,
I am applying for naturalization in July 2019 after 12 months of my ILR's grant. I spent 4 years as a dependent on my father's student visa from 2009 to 2013. Then my father started working and I was dependent on my father's work (tier 2 visa) for 5 years from 2013 to 2018. I got ILR in July 2018. By next July 2019 I will have spent 10 years legally in the UK and I am eligible to apply for naturalization.
I spent most of the time out side the UK (more than 900 days) for university education endeavor in the past 5 years. I have this special circumstance which is the education endeavor for being out side the UK. Does anybody know if I Will be exempted from the condition of time spent outside the UK under considering special circumstance or not?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Study Abroad

Post by zimba » Thu May 16, 2019 10:31 pm

As far as I know there is no such exemption.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri May 17, 2019 10:05 am

Booklet AN wrote:(Page 8 ) Only very rarely would we disregard absences in excess of 900 days (540 days for 6(2) applications). If your absences are more than this limit your application is likely to fail and your fee will not be fully refunded.
A previous post suggests that you used to spend 9-10 months every year outside the UK. Be aware of the physical presence requirement (being physically present in the UK exactly five years before the date of application), which is a mandatory non-discretionary requirement.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

guru1s

Post by guru1s » Fri May 17, 2019 11:37 am

Residence requirements: section 6(1)
The residence requirements which someone applying under section 6(1) of the
British Nationality Act 1981 are that the applicant was:
• in the UK at the beginning of the period of 5 years ending with the date of the
application
• not absent from the UK for more than either:
o 450 days in that 5 year period
o 90 days in the period of 12 months ending with the date of application
• not, on the date of application, subject under the immigration laws to any
restriction on the period of stay in the UK
• not, at any other time in the 12 month period ending with date of application,
subject under the immigration laws to any restriction on their period of stay in
the UK
• not at any time in the period of 5 years ending with the date of application, in
the UK in breach of the immigration laws