ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Father is a British, Libyan mother and child born abroad (in Libya), I would like to move back to UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ahmedali29

Father is a British, Libyan mother and child born abroad (in Libya), I would like to move back to UK

Post by Ahmedali29 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:44 am

Hi all,
I hope this email finds you well. I am seeking some advice please:
I’m British national through naturalisation (acquire British citizenship through naturalization in March 2018). Before that, I had ILR through 10 year category then become a British, then got my British passport in April 2018, but haven't lived in the UK since then as I got job abroad for 3 years.
I got married in September 2017 and I have a child who is born in September 2018 in Libya and he is 9 months old now. Due to what is happening in Libya right now, I would like to move back with my family to the UK.
My questions are:

1- Can I apply for the British passport for my son straightaway? If so, which form to use, and where to send the application form.

2- What supporting documents to send with application form and how long does it take.

3- What is MN1 Application form? Does that apply to my Kid?
4- The British embassy in Libya is closed and moved to Tunisia, what options are available please?
4- What is the best way to apply for my wife?

I will really appreciate your advice
Best wishes
Ahmed

zimba
Mood:

Re: Father is a British, Libyan mother and child born abroad (in Libya), I would like to move back to UK

Post by zimba » Mon May 20, 2019 1:34 am

1- Can I apply for the British passport for my son straightaway? If so, which form to use, and where to send the application form.
Yes but it seems it is not possible from Libya. You may have to go to another country to apply
https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/ove ... tion/libya
2- What supporting documents to send with application form and how long does it take.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _10.18.pdf
Could take few months
3- What is MN1 Application form? Does that apply to my Kid?
No as MN1 is for registering a child as British. Your child is already British
4- The British embassy in Libya is closed and moved to Tunisia, what options are available please?
Find another country.
4- What is the best way to apply for my wife?
Family visa
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ahmedali29

Re: Father is a British, Libyan mother and child born abroad (in Libya), I would like to move back to UK

Post by Ahmedali29 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:01 am

Thank you so much for your reply. 👍🏻 great answers