ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer letter for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ometz
Newly Registered

Employer letter for Naturalisation

Post by Ometz » Mon May 20, 2019 1:17 am

Hi,
I have got my ILR on 10 June 2018(based on Tier 2 work permit route) .
I am becoming eligible for citizenship on 10 June 2019.
Unfortunately, due to some trouble at my work, I have to finish my permanent job with my employer by the end of May 2019. They are trying to offer me some mutual agreement to finish the employment as my role is not needed anymore.
I am wondering if I need to be working at the time I apply for citizenship.
Do I need a letter from employer saying that I am working at the time I am applying for citizenship?
Do i need any good character letter from the employer?
I am really worried that if this end of employment is going to effect my citizenship application...
Looking forward for advice

Cheers

zimba
Mood:

Re: Employer letter for Naturalisation

Post by zimba » Mon May 20, 2019 1:27 am

None of that. There is no need to be employed and your employer/employment has nothing to do with your application or character
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice