ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to enrol my biometric details when I already have a BRP?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Feendogg
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Do I need to enrol my biometric details when I already have a BRP?

Post by Feendogg » Mon May 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi all,

I have completed the online naturalisation form, sure is a bit of work, and when I get to the fees page it is charging me for enrolling my biometric details. I am submitting by current biometric residence permit as part of my application which already has all these details. This was done at Croydon five years ago when I got my indefinite leave.

Three questions:
- will I need to enrol these again or will my existing BRP cover this?
- If this is covered by my current card do they refund the biometric enrolment fee I will again have to pay?

- must you now use the online form if applying from within the U.K. Or is there another way? The online form knows i am from New Zealand but still asks me to select that I will submit my NZ degree and another form showing my degree was taught in English, when a New Zealand passport is meant to cover the language requirement...

Thanks in advance for any info on the above,

Best

T

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Do I need to enrol my biometric details when I already have a BRP?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Biometrics have to be given for every application. There will be no refund of prior biometric fees. The BRP card is proof of freedom from immigration restrictions.
Regarding English requirement/exemption can't comment but I believe there has been a similar thread already.
british-citizenship/naric-english-langu ... 81684.html
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.