ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Second Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

begood1
Newly Registered
India

Tax related.

Post by begood1 » Tue May 21, 2019 1:21 am

Dear Experts,

I require your opinion and guidance on how to move forward.

I am eligible for applying Naturalisation and I would like to apply around this week.

I would explain with an example.
Lets say, for the each months in 2018, I have to pay tax of £100/- . I enrolled for pension and they forgot to deduct pension amount and respective tax amount for three months.
Lets say, if pension is deducted, then I would have to pay less tax , lets say £80 ( £20 less as pension is deducted).

After reminding my employer for not deducting pension amount for three months, they agreed and deducted pension amount for those three months. Employer accountant confirmed, they have sent updated tax numbers to HMRC for those three months, i.e., £80 tax amount after deducting pension amount. Earlier they have reported £100 tax amount for those three months as no pension amount was deducted.

I am a PAYE employee in a full time employment.

Question:
  • Still, Tax paid for those three months is showing as £100 in the HMRC PAYE online account and confirmed with HMRC call-center. Ideally, it should have shown £80/- for those three months.
  • Interestingly, the total amount tax paid for entire year is correct and it is also shown correctly in P60. The issue is, if we add income tax for each month for the year 2018-2019 as shown in the HMRC PAYE personal tax account, it would add up to £12,000, which is wrong. £9600 is tax amount which is correct number and mentioned correctly as yearly tax income in the HMRC PAYE online in the last row of the table.
Eg:

Month 1: £80 -- This is correct tax amount
Month 2: £80 -- This is correct tax amount
Month X: £100 -- This is wrong, as the updated number should be £80
Month Y: £100 -- This is wrong, as the updated number should be £80
Month Z: £100 -- This is wrong, as the updated number should be £80
Month 12: £80 -- This is correct tax amount
----------------
Total: £9,600 -- This is Correct tax amount and shown in HRMC PAYE account, but if you add each month individually, it will come to £12,000

Would there be any issue issue if I apply for Naturalization? Would they consider as descrepancy? Do you see any issues?

Thanks for your help and cooperation.

Regards

begood1
Newly Registered
India

Car Insurance Claim

Post by begood1 » Tue May 21, 2019 1:34 am

Dear Experts.

I had accident with garbage truck in side road at speed of 15 Miles. My bumper came-off but there was no damage to other vehicle. I had to make a claim with my car insurance.

There is no police case or police involvement and there is no mention of it in the driving license also.

Do I need to mention in the application while making naturalisation application?

Please do let me know what to do.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tax related.

Post by CR001 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:11 am

No issue on either query.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

begood1
Newly Registered
India

Post by begood1 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:26 am

Thanks CR001, Much appreciated.

Apologies to ask you same question, I just wanted to make sure there it wont be deception.

Do I need to mention tax information information in my application form?

Do I need to mention Car insurance information in my application form?

Looking forward for your response.

Again, thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:02 am

begood1 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:26 am
Thanks CR001, Much appreciated.

Apologies to ask you same question, I just wanted to make sure there it wont be deception.

Do I need to mention tax information information in my application form?

Do I need to mention Car insurance information in my application form?

Looking forward for your response.

Again, thanks for your help.
No to both.

You are overthinking this process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

begood1
Newly Registered
India

Regarding Second Referee

Post by begood1 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:20 am

Dear Experts,

Second referee is as friend whom I know more than threee years. He has acquired citizen and passport last years ( maybe ~10 months).

Is there any requirement for second referee to be a citizen of British for certain amount of time before they can be referee? Can I use him for my second referee?

Thanks for your time.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Regarding Second Referee

Post by CR001 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:12 am

begood1 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:20 am
Dear Experts,

Second referee is as friend whom I know more than threee years. He has acquired citizen and passport last years ( maybe ~10 months).

Is there any requirement for second referee to be a citizen of British for certain amount of time before they can be referee? Can I use him for my second referee?

Thanks for your time.

Regards
No, they simply need to be British at the time you apply.

Please also keep all your questions on the same application in one thread is trad if starting a new topic with each question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)