ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview - First Adult Passport after Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bader
Newly Registered
Jordan

Interview - First Adult Passport after Naturalization

Post by Bader » Fri May 24, 2019 7:43 am

Morning all,

I would appreciate your thoughts, I was at the post office yesterday submitting application for my First Adult passport after Naturalization (Yaaayy) but the lady behind the counter that was checking my document told me that interviews are mandatory for everyone now and the passport office will not issue it until the interview has been completed.

What are your experiences? I don't mind attending if asked but its just another checks and processes :?

If so, is there anything I need to prep for?

guru1s

Re: Interview - First Adult Passport after Naturalization

Post by guru1s » Fri May 24, 2019 8:32 am

Hi,

I have received my first passport after naturalisation a few weeks ago and I have not had to attend the interview.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:13 am

Bader wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:43 am
Morning all,

I would appreciate your thoughts, I was at the post office yesterday submitting application for my First Adult passport after Naturalization (Yaaayy) but the lady behind the counter that was checking my document told me that interviews are mandatory for everyone now and the passport office will not issue it until the interview has been completed.

What are your experiences? I don't mind attending if asked but its just another checks and processes :?

If so, is there anything I need to prep for?
The interviews are identity interviews, with applicants chosen at random, probably.
I had mine in December 2016 and whilst your actual identity is verified you will also be asked all sorts of questions, for example "how did you travel to the interview/route/line/stations", "what credit cards you hold", "who's your mobile phone provider", etc etc. The aim is to verify you are the actual person applying, not an imposter. Most of the things asked you should know from your personal life. If you you can't answer something say so.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:10 pm

guru1s wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:32 am
Hi,

I have received my first passport after naturalisation a few weeks ago and I have not had to attend the interview.
Ditto for me, no interview

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Sat May 25, 2019 11:12 am

There is not a single mention of someone going for an interview in the passport timelines thread going back to January as far as I remember so I suspect the Home Office has improved their process and it is unlikely anyone is interviewed now.