ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Born Children-ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Haadiz

UK Born Children-ILR

Post by Haadiz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:14 am

Dear Guru's,

I have mixed views on this forum regarding UK born children, I would like very much if senior's can provide their input? Case is as follows;

I am applying for my ILR on this coming Friday but the rest of my family including my wife and 3 kids will complete their 5 years continuous period in August 2019.

Child 1
I was living in the UK on Work permit back in 2008 when my first child born, but after few months of his birth we left UK for the Middle East. We returned back to the UK in 2011 and his current immigration status is Tier 1 Dependant. Since he has UK birth certificate, do we still need to apply for his ILR or he is eligible to apply for British Passport once his father ILR approved?

Child 3
My second child was born in 2010 in my Home country and his current immigration status is Tier 1 Dependant, what do we have to do in his case?

Child 2
However, my third child was born in 2017 while I was on Tier 1 and I believe we do not have to apply for his ILR since he only has overseas passport but we did not apply for his dependant visa as we have not travelled outside the UK?

I am assuming that the UK born children, we are not required to apply for ILR and they will be qualified automatically once their Father ILR approved? However, my wife and a child who born outside the UK require ILR approval? Please advise

I appreciate for your reading and look forward for some valid response soon.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Born Children-ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:33 am

Child 1
I was living in the UK on Work permit back in 2008 when my first child born, but after few months of his birth we left UK for the Middle East. We returned back to the UK in 2011 and his current immigration status is Tier 1 Dependant. Since he has UK birth certificate, do we still need to apply for his ILR or he is eligible to apply for British Passport once his father ILR approved?
Child does NOT require ILR. Child is entitled to register as British on form MN1, costs £1023. This is required before the child can apply for a British passport.
Child 2
My second child was born in 2010 in my Home country and his current immigration status is Tier 1 Dependant, what do we have to do in his case?
Child needs ilr and should apply with your spouse.
Child 3
However, my third child was born in 2017 while I was on Tier 1 and I believe we do not have to apply for his ILR since he only has overseas passport but we did not apply for his dependant visa as we have not travelled outside the UK?
Same as child 1. Register as British on form MN1 once you have ILR.
I am assuming that the UK born children, we are not required to apply for ILR and they will be qualified automatically once their Father ILR approved?

Nothing is automatic. You have to apply to register them as British. UK Born child have an entitlement to register as British once either parent gets ILR.
However, my wife and a child who born outside the UK require ILR approval?
Yes. Child born abroad will be able to apply for citizenship when either parent also applies for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:33 am
Child 1
Child does NOT require ILR. Child is entitled to register as British on form MN1, costs £1023. This is required before the child can apply for a British passport.
Child 2
Child 3
I am assuming that the UK born children, we are not required to apply for ILR and they will be qualified automatically once their Father ILR approved?

Nothing is automatic. You have to apply to register them as British. UK Born child have an entitlement to register as British once either parent gets ILR.
Yes. Child born abroad will be able to apply for citizenship when either parent also applies for citizenship.
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Much appreciated

My first child current visa expires in November 2019, this means we do not need to submit his any application to HO along with my Mrs and a child (Born in abroad) ILR application in October 2019 and his immigration status in the UK will not be illegal after his visa expires? Please correct if I am wrong

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:25 am

UK born children do not need a valid visa to register as British. If child is over 10, the good character requirement could be applied though

When are you applying for ilr?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:30 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:25 am
UK norm children do not need a valid visa to register as British. If child is over 10, the good character requirement could be applied though

When are you applying for ilr?
He is now 11 years of age and i am applying for ILR on this coming Friday through Tier 1 Ent (VC £50k) route

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:30 am

Hopefully you have a response on your ilr before the visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:08 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:30 am
Hopefully you have a response on your ilr before the visa expires.
I hope so, I will keep you posted for sure once I will hear any thing back from them. In the mean while, I am curious, if I do not get any answer before his visa expires (Nov 19) then what option do i have? I believe you are referring character certificate from school?

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:15 am

No, I am referring to the good character requirement, link below.

british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 05532.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:31 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:15 am
No, I am referring to the good character requirement, link below.

british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 05532.html
Ohh alright. Got it, lets see how it goes.

I have requested senior members to check my list of documents, can you please review one of my last post Tier1 to ILR Application Queries and kindly make your comments?

Thanks again

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:01 pm

Haadiz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:45 am
CR001 wrote:
Child 1
Child 2
Child 3

My first child current visa expires in November 2019, this means we do not need to submit his any application to HO along with my Mrs and a child (Born in abroad) ILR application in October 2019 and his immigration status in the UK will not be illegal after his visa expires? Please correct if I am wrong
Dear Gurus & Seniors,

I submit my ILR application back in June 2019 and I am still waiting for the decision from HO. I now have a desperate situation and it will be much appreciated if senior's can advise in relation to one of my child who was born in the UK back in 2008.

My wife and a child PBS dependant visa is now due to expire by the end of this month and I am not sure If I do need to apply for his ILR since he holds UK Birth Certificate?

He spent good few months before we left UK and he returned back in 2012 on Dependant visa, followed by few visa extensions were approved during the entire time of his stay. I have been previously given advice that children who born in the UK does not require ILR as they can apply for a British Citizenship if one of their parent holds UK Citizenship/ILR Visa. Since I am waiting for my ILR approval and my child visa expires soon, what option do I have? If I do not get my ILR before his visa expiry then he may get overstay in case I do not submit his ILR application.

Please can someone highlight the immigration rules for the above matter? Please advise Shall I apply for his ILR or he does not need to apply? Thanks

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:20 pm

Haadiz wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:01 pm
Haadiz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:45 am
CR001 wrote:
Child 1
Child 2
Child 3

Dear Gurus & Seniors,

I submit my ILR application back in June 2019 and I am still waiting for the decision from HO. I now have a desperate situation and it will be much appreciated if senior's can advise in relation to one of my child who was born in the UK back in 2008.

My wife and a child PBS dependant visa is now due to expire by the end of this month and I am not sure If I do need to apply for his ILR since he holds UK Birth Certificate?

He spent good few months before we left UK and he returned back in 2012 on Dependant visa, followed by few visa extensions were approved during the entire time of his stay. I have been previously given advice that children who born in the UK does not require ILR as they can apply for a British Citizenship if one of their parent holds UK Citizenship/ILR Visa. Since I am waiting for my ILR approval and my child visa expires soon, what option do I have? If I do not get my ILR before his visa expiry then he may get overstay in case I do not submit his ILR application.

Please can someone highlight the immigration rules for the above matter? Please advise Shall I apply for his ILR or he does not need to apply? Thanks
Dear Senior's

I have not heared any thing back on my last post. Please advise what is best for my child who born in UK back in 2008 but he left and returned back on dependant visa. I am applying for my Mrs ILR and since we are very closed to the deadline, I would appreciate if someone can help me on this topic. Do I apply for his ILR or wait until both parent get their ILR approved and then apply for Citizenship

Thank you and much appreciated