ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling abroad whilst waiting for BC for children whose BRP expired , not applied for ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Natey007

Travelling abroad whilst waiting for BC for children whose BRP expired , not applied for ILR

Post by Natey007 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:28 am

Dear good people,

I apologise if this question has been asked here before, but I have been reading this forum since yesterday, and couldn’t see question similar to mine. I’ve read some people’s questions on Naturalization and travel abroad, and I understand it’s permissible to travel whilst waiting for their application to be processed. Couldnt find specific answer for my question though. Here goes..

I have applied for Registration of my UK born children for British citizenship as a child under 18 (Online- Sopra Steria) on 30 May. Me and my wife both have been granted Settlement status. We plan to go back to Malaysia for the summer break. Our children’s BRP obviously have expired and we dont apply ILR for them.

So if their BC applications have been approved, and we received the Certificate of Registration, can we use this certificate to enter the UK later? They have Malaysian passports and no other visa. We definitely will wait for their certificates to come before committing on the travel plans.

I apologise again if the same question has been asked before.

Appreciate any response.
Many Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling abroad whilst waiting for BC for children whose BRP expired , not applied for ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:32 am

The certificate is not a travel document. The issue you will have is boarding a plane with no visa for the UK for the child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Natey007

Re: Travelling abroad whilst waiting for BC for children whose BRP expired , not applied for ILR

Post by Natey007 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:36 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:32 am
The certificate is not a travel document. The issue you will have is boarding a plane with no visa for the UK for the child.

Thank you for your quick response CR001.

I was thinking the same too, but since Malaysian passport holders can enter UK without Visa - enter as tourist and valid to stay for 6 months - I thought maybe they can enter UK in that manner. But with their BC applications in the process, I just think it might not be applicable.

If they can’t use their Certificate of Registration as a confirmation of their residents’ status, and cant enter UK as tourists, I guess there’s no going back to Malaysia this summer then.

Oh well.. there’s always next year. 😌

Natey007

Post by Natey007 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:45 am

Hi again

I just found out that we need to go back to Malaysia next month - it’s an urgent matter. So this is not about a holiday anymore.

I understand that the Certification of Registration cant be use as valid travel documents for my UK born children, is there any way that they can travel abroad and legally enter UK later?

And as I have mentioned in my previous reply to CR001, we Malaysian passport holders don’t require visa to come to UK.

So can they enter UK as tourists?

Thank you in advance for any replies and input.

(I’m sorry for asking this again, but I’m quite desperate now to go back to Malaysia - my mother will have to undergo a life threatening surgery next month, i just hope that my children can see their grandmother before the surgery)

Natey007

Post by Natey007 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:26 am

Update : My children’s Certificate of registration have just arrived.

So i will proceed with their British passports’ applications and hope they will be approved and ready in 3 weeks time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:33 am

So i will proceed with their British passports’ applications and hope they will be approved and ready in 3 weeks time.
For children, you can apply using the one week fast track service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Natey007

Post by Natey007 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:59 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:33 am
For children, you can apply using the one week fast track service.

That’s even better! 😊

Thank you CR001. 👍