ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photo for Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SpouseOfSettler

Photo for Passport Application

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi All,

My wife attended her citizenship ceremony yesterday and we can finally see the bright light at the end of the long tunnel....just those last few steps of the British Passport to go.

The application asks for a digital passport photo. Can we upload the same one that was taken and used for her naturalisation application in May? Or does she need to take a new photo?

Regards,
SoS

zimba
Mood:

Re: Photo for Passport Application

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:51 pm

You do not submit a photo for naturalisation. Your photo is only collected at the biometric appointment. The Gov.uk website insists you get a new photo for your passport.

https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

SpouseOfSettler

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:36 am

Thanks Zimba.

We did send submit photo as part of the referee declaration in the naturalisation application.

SoS

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:55 pm

I highly suggest to only send newly taken photos for your passport and do not use any other photos you ever used before. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice