ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRITISH CITIZENSHIP FOR CHILDREN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sashazaba
Newly Registered
South Africa

BRITISH CITIZENSHIP FOR CHILDREN

Post by Sashazaba » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:26 am

Good day, I am hoping that there might be someone here who could assist me with a few questions regarding the following. I have British Citizenship through Naturalisation, granted in 2003 (I am originally from South Africa). I have been back in SA for a number of years and have had two children whilst living here (aged 9 and 7 years). What I would like to know is do I need to apply for the MN1 for both of them before I can apply for BRP for them? I have just gotten a bit confused as the MN1 form asks for Grand Parents details etc but that would relate more to an ancestor application. Thank you in advance to anyone who might be able to clarify.

secret.simon

Re: BRITISH CITIZENSHIP FOR CHILDREN

Post by secret.simon » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:33 am

It sounds like both the children were born in South Africa after you were naturalised. If so, then they are British citizens by descent, there is no need for filling in Form MN1, and you can apply directly for a British passport for them.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sashazaba
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Sashazaba » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:39 am

Thank you for the quick response, I have just been a little confused by which route I would need to take so thank you very much. I am assuming that they would want my Naturalization Certificate when I apply as we are not in the UK?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:24 pm

They would want sight of your naturalisation certificate regardless of your location.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.