ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of living in the UK for a non EU National

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

axwell22
Newly Registered
Mood:

Referees for naturalisation application

Post by axwell22 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:06 am

Hello everyone,

I am sorry if the question has been answer before.

I am in the process to finalise my British citizenship application via EEA family member + 1 year PR route and have a question regarding the two referees form.

-Do the referees only need to sign this form: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

-Do I need extra information about the referees? Example: passport number, address, ....?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: Referees for naturalisation application

Post by R-graphite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:27 am

They need to fill that form and also you need to get their details as asked in the application itself. Address, phone number, passport number...
axwell22 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:06 am
Hello everyone,

I am sorry if the question has been answer before.

I am in the process to finalise my British citizenship application via EEA family member + 1 year PR route and have a question regarding the two referees form.

-Do the referees only need to sign this form: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

-Do I need extra information about the referees? Example: passport number, address, ....?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

axwell22
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by axwell22 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:52 pm

Thank you for your answer.

Can you tell me all the information needed about the referees? Where can I find it?

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:18 pm

All the information is found inside the application. Usually it is the passport number, address, contact details.
axwell22 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:52 pm
Thank you for your answer.

Can you tell me all the information needed about the referees? Where can I find it?
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

axwell22
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by axwell22 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:17 pm

I will be eligible to apply from the end of August so I don't know exactly what is inside the application.

axwell22
Newly Registered
Mood:

Proof of living in the UK for a non EU National

Post by axwell22 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:16 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the proof of living in the UK and what evidence should I enclose to my citizenship application.

It is mentioned on the official website the following: "If you are a Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

If you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK.
"

I am a family member of an EU national holding a PR and my passport never been stamped by the UKBA when I left of entered the UK so I guess I need to provide different evidence than my passport correct?

If so, I am a company's director and I can not get a letter from my employer nor it is clear what they mean by government departments? Can you help me please?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of living in the UK for a non EU National

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:39 pm

"Government Departments" such as local council (Council Tax Bills), HMRC correspondence, DWP pensions or child benefit. Documents should show your name - council tax bills are generally sufficient.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

axwell22
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Proof of living in the UK for a non EU National

Post by axwell22 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:04 am

Thank you for your reply and guidance.