ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First adult passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Meesha

First adult passport

Post by Meesha » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:30 am

Dear Forum members,
I applied for passport on 20th August with paper format. I received a text today that if they need more documents or interview they will contact me by 27/9 and i should not plan any travel until i get my passport. Is this normal. I have seen passport timeline which is usually 2 weeks.
Should i return my ILR now as i have got naturalisation certificate or i return it only if i get my passport. I believe i can no longer travel with ILR?

Many Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First adult passport

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:34 am

I applied for passport on 20th August with paper format. I received a text today that if they need more documents or interview they will contact me by 27/9 and i should not plan any travel until i get my passport. Is this normal.
Yes, it is normal!!
I have seen passport timeline which is usually 2 weeks.
2 to 6 weeks usually, depends how busy they are.
Should i return my ILR now as i have got naturalisation certificate

It must be returned within 5 days of attending your ceremony. It is invalid now anyway.
i return it only if i get my passport.
A passport is only a travel document. You would have received clear instructions with the ceremony pack papers etc telling you exactly what to do with the BRP, within 5 days.
I believe i can no longer travel with ILR?
No you can't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.