ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKM been in uk 40 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Stressedmama
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

UKM been in uk 40 years

Post by Stressedmama » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:46 pm

Hi
I have been in the Uk 40 years arriving when I was 3 months from NZ . my mother is a British citizen and my father has ILR . I have had right of abode my NZ passport is due to expire in Oct so instead of transferring the cert I have finally applied for British nationality via UKM form .

I am totally anxious and stressed and wonder what will happen .. I submitted my application 20/08 and went for the UKVCs appointment on the 30/08.

My employer is anxious as of of course my ROA expires when my passport does .. although the right to work remains.

Any advice /experiences greatly appreciated

sunburn
United States of America

Re: UKM been in uk 40 years

Post by sunburn » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:01 am

It’s not clear what exactly you’re seeking advice regarding . Is it the validity of your claim to seek the UKM route ? If so, that depends on the details. Which year were you and your mother born, and where ?

If you’re interested in timelines, generally applicants take 3-4 months to have the notice of approval, and a further 1-2 months to ceremony and passport . But there are a few who take longer; it’s not a transparent process .

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:11 am

Your employer should be unconcerned.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Stressedmama
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by Stressedmama » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:41 am

Thank you I didn’t explain myself very well. Thank you for the time line info.

I was born in NZ in 31/12/1979 . I entered the UK in March 1980 . I have never lived anywhere but the UK

My mother is uk born (1956) and my father nationality is NZ (born 1954) . On entry back into the uk my baby passport was stamped with a very of partiality and subsequent passports have right of abode .

Does it sound like I have a good chance for citizenship

My employer doesn’t seem to think I have a right to work in the country as my NZ passport with my cert of abode expires on the 1/10 . I have expljend my right remains in tact I just can’t “prove “ it in this limbo period .

I have explained I can’t have a nationality application and a right of abode application (transfer the stamp across to a new passport ) running at the same time . my employer is threatening to terminate my employment . Is this lawful /correct ?

sunburn
United States of America

Post by sunburn » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:07 am

You shouldn’t have any problem with the UKM route, given that your mother is UK born and the dates involved (quite similar to my own) . It’s simply a matter of time .

Stressedmama
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by Stressedmama » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:07 am

Thank you