ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rapide
Newly Registered

Post by rapide » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:03 pm

Hi everyone
Please I need some advice here.
I came to Uk in May 2011 as a student visa but my college licence was revoked by UKBA I tried to get admission in different colleges but I was unsuccessful. In august 2011 i went to Europe illegally and then I go back home country in January 2013 after 2 month in April 2013 came back uk with same student visa and claimed asylum on the airport but my asylum case was refused, I appealed against that and granted refugee status in June 2013 after spending 5 year in uk I applied for refugee settlement and got indefinite leave to remain in august 2018 now I am going to apply naturalization but I am confused for that time which I stay here in uk between May 2011 to August 2011 and also leave the uk in 2011 via illegal way.

I just wanted to know that I am eligible for naturalization or I have to wait more ?
Many thanks

rapide
Newly Registered

Post by rapide » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:10 am

Eligibility criteria: 1 Year ILR (5 year refugee route) + Married to British citizen
Nationality: Non EU
Language criteria: Trinity B1 + Life in Uk
Method of application: Online
Date of application: 08/10/2019 9:41 am
Date of debit of fees: 08/10/2019
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Waiting
Date Bio metric appointment: 11/10/2019 Manchester
Date Bio metric enrollment: waiting
Date on approval letter: ----
Date of receipt of approval: -----
Date of Ceremony: ----
Date applied passport: ----
Date passport received: -----

Hi everyone
Please I need some advice here.
I came to Uk in May 2011 as a student visa but my college licence was revoked by UKBA I tried to get admission in different colleges but I was unsuccessful. In august 2011 i went to Europe illegally and then I go back home country in January 2013 after 2 month in April 2013 came back uk with same student visa and claimed asylum on the airport but my asylum case was refused, I appealed against that and granted refugee status in June 2013 after spending 5 year in uk I applied for refugee settlement and got indefinite leave to remain in august 2018 and today I applied for naturalization but I am confused for that time which I stay here in uk between May 2011 to August 2011 and also leave the uk in 2011 via illegal way.

I just wanted to know that my application for Naturalization will proceed or not ?
Many thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalisation Application

Post by aman90 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:19 am

Was ur student visa curtailed?
What options did the home office give you?
As long as you had a valid visa during ur stay seems you should be fine.
You arrived on a valid visa too and then took asylum immediately. Presumably ur appeal was in time-within 28 days.

rapide
Newly Registered

Post by rapide » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:26 pm

aman90 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:19 am
Was ur student visa curtailed?
What options did the home office give you?
As long as you had a valid visa during ur stay seems you should be fine.
You arrived on a valid visa too and then took asylum immediately. Presumably ur appeal was in time-within 28 days.

Thank u for your reply.

yes i did appeal within 28 days and Home Office withdraw the case from court before 1 week of my appointment.
when i came back in uk april 2013 i arrived in uk without a valid visa, it was just visa sticker on my passport because the visa was original canceled in ukba system due to my college was revoked.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:49 pm

rapide wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:26 pm
when i came back in uk april 2013 i arrived in uk without a valid visa, it was just visa sticker on my passport because the visa was original canceled in ukba system due to my college was revoked.
😂 that’s gutsy of you!

With regards to ur student visa during your initial stay...what did HO exactly say to you at the time? What were ur options? How long were you given to leave the country?

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:44 am

Did you mentioned the intaire your story? If so then it mayte be successful but it depends upon to your Country of Origin nationality. If you are national of war zone or conflicted Country then there is a possibility for the home office to investigate any environment ofpossible war crimes against humanity. Nowadays it's taking long time for investigating and sometimes it takes 3 or 4 Year to Conclude the case. Secondly if the home office found something hiding information in your asylum file and Naturalisation application form which is not disclose then there will be possibly 10 year ban to attach your files. However lots of people has been granted Naturalisation certificate with clean criminal records. I hope this reply will be sufficient for you. Thanks.

Best wishes.
Bebe khyber

rapide
Newly Registered

Post by rapide » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:52 am

[quote=babe_khyber post_id=1834901 time=1570610667 user_id=81647]
Did you mentioned the intaire your story? If so then it mayte be successful but it depends upon to your Country of Origin nationality. If you are national of war zone or conflicted Country then there is a possibility for the home office to investigate any environment ofpossible war crimes against humanity. Nowadays it's taking long time for investigating and sometimes it takes 3 or 4 Year to Conclude the case. Secondly if the home office found something hiding information in your asylum file and Naturalisation application form which is not disclose then there will be possibly 10 year ban to attach your files. However lots of people has been granted Naturalisation certificate with clean criminal records. I hope this reply will be sufficient for you. Thanks.

Best wishes.
Bebe khyber

Thanks you for your reply.

Yes i mentioned all the story in my asylum interview. i am from Saudi Arabia and i claimed asylum on religious bases.
i spoke my solicitor about this issue and he was saying here is no problem with your application because you have a refugee settlement (ILR) and the illegal time period not affect on refugee once the got granted refugee status.