ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application question (Urgent)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thakursaurabh
Newly Registered
India

MN1 application question (Urgent)

Post by thakursaurabh » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:49 pm

Hi All,

I am going to apply for my son (under 7 weeks) naturalization next week and need an urgent help please. I have a settled status (got it last week) and my wife is on Tier 2 dependent. We are both Indian.

We have 2 referees. One is accountant and other is dentist over 25 and British citizens. Obviously, both know our child personally since birth.

Question 1: Does the above two would be okay as referee? and does is it tick all the boxes?

Now, the referee form says, Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

Now of-course, i am applying on my son's behalf and our GP said no as they dont know the child personally. I cant find a minister of religion (who know us) and teacher as he is 6 weeks old, and health visitor said they would not do it. I am not really sure what to do? Please can you help..

Question 2: My son doesn't have a passport or travel document or a national ID. He was born in London and only has a birth certificate.

Now, the documents section says, If Mr Arya Singh has a passport then provide this with your application. If Mr Arya Singh does not have a passport then you "must" provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card.

I would highly appreciate your help as there is little time left to fix this if this is wrong.
Many Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: MN1 application question (Urgent)

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:43 pm

Children do NOT naturalise, they get registered. :!:

1. See my answer: british-citizenship/uk-born-child-briti ... l#p1807175

2. UK Birth certificate is enough. UK born children to a settled parent have automatic entitlement. They do not need to have an ID
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

thakursaurabh
Newly Registered
India

Re: MN1 application question (Urgent)

Post by thakursaurabh » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:09 am

Thanks a lot Zimba.

I will confirmation from GP and get a letter or email from them stating they are unable to sign.

I said naturalise because my son was born on 20 Aug and i have obtained my ILR on 03 Sep. I didnt get the automatic enrollment opportunity (aparantly we didnt plan accordingly, thought we did :( )....