ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Did not return the BRP after getting British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kalven

Did not return the BRP after getting British Passport

Post by kalven » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:11 am

Hi

My daughter receievd her british passport recently. However, I have not returned the BRP for more than 5 days now. Would it be a trouble if I return it now? and would they charge me £1000.00 fine for that?

Many Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Did not return the BRP after getting British Passport

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:27 pm

kalven wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:11 am
Hi

My daughter receievd her british passport recently. However, I have not returned the BRP for more than 5 days now. Would it be a trouble if I return it now? and would they charge me £1000.00 fine for that?

Many Thanks
The longer you wait, the longer the delay becomes. So just put it in the post and send it immediately to the appropriate address.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

kalven

Post by kalven » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:11 pm

Ok Thanks.. I just wanted to know if they would fine me £1000.00 for sending it late..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:02 pm

kalven wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:11 pm
Ok Thanks.. I just wanted to know if they would fine me £1000.00 for sending it late..
No they wont dont worry.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.