ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Online form related queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

santosh_g31
Newly Registered

MN1 Online form related queries

Post by santosh_g31 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:47 am

Hi ,

I am filling up the online MN1 form for my three year old daughter born in UK. I am on Tier 2 general visa but my wife has just got her ILR on 08/09/2019 and we are from India.

While filling the form there is one question.
1. Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?(Required) :
I wasn't sure what to answer for this because the thing in the bracket adds confusion because if we ignore the bracket then answer would be yes as she is relying on her mother's permanent residence as evidence of settled status which she just got now ?

2. Also I have answered "Yes" for the question "Have you live at this address for 5 years" because she is just three year old and living at the same address since birth.

3. In referee section I have added one referee as my friend who is IT professional and British citizen. For the second one we are thinking of two options but confused between which one to go for. Both are my wife's colleagues one is Accountant for her clinic(not sure though registered as professional body) and other is Physiotherapist(India nationality) registered with HCPC . Can you please advise ?

Thanks,
Santosh

zimba
Mood:

Re: MN1 Online form related queries

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:28 pm

1. Permanent residence is ONLY for EEA citizens. Your wife has ILR !
2. That is fine
3. The professional referee must have dealt with the child in the professional capacity
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

santosh_g31
Newly Registered

Post by santosh_g31 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Thanks for the reply.
In that case I can't give reference of accountant then right ?
However the note in the online form says as below for second referee.
"Give your second referee's details. This referee should be a person (of any nationality) who has professional standing. This can include a minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body such as an accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application."

Can I give her Physiotherapist colleague reference then he did treat her ocassionally ?

Or can I give reference of the nursery owner where she goes who is ofsted registered and is linked with her in professional capacity ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:20 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

santosh_g31
Newly Registered

Post by santosh_g31 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:07 am

Thanks for the link.We have sorted out the referees now.
Apart from the list of documents in the submitted form do we need to provide any other documents.
I am providing my passport and BRP(Tier2 general) as well alongwith my wife's passport and BRP who is on ILR, is that OK ?

Also there is a document for "proof of parental responsibility for parental responsibility for both of us separately" so what document should should we provide in this case ? I suppose the birth certificate but A document for birth certificate is also present in the list separately !
Can you please advise on this and the optional documents apart from the list in the submitted form.

Thanks,
Santosh

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:18 am

santosh_g31 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:07 am

Also there is a document for "proof of parental responsibility for parental responsibility for both of us separately" so what document should should we provide in this case ? I suppose the birth certificate but A document for birth certificate is also present in the list separately !
Can you please advise on this and the optional documents apart from the list in the submitted form.

Thanks,
Santosh
A birth certificate could be used for parental responsibility as well.