ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rajeev123

British Passport Application

Post by Rajeev123 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:55 pm

Hi- It has been a long time since I applied for my UK passport. Its time to repeat the process for my wife. She has had her ILR over 15 months now. When I applied couple of years ago, I did it via council (JCAP).

1. Is this option still available?
2. Could you please share the list of the document needed.
3. For the online application do we need to send the original documents later?
4. Which is better option JCAP or Online?

Thanks

Casa

Re: British Passport Application

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:08 pm

You mention that your wife has held ILR for 15 years, but has she been granted British citizenship?

The JCAP service is no longer available and the application for a British passport can only be made after attending the Citizenship ceremony.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... w-to-apply
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Rajeev123

Re: British Passport Application

Post by Rajeev123 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:15 pm

Thanks. So no JCAP. We will attempt the online application. BTW she has had ILR for 15 MONTHS not years