ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Dependants Eligibility for Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bheeshma
India

Eligibility Criteria for British Citizenship

Post by Bheeshma » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:44 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

I got British Citizenship in the Year March 2017 ; At present, my wife and 2 kids ( less than 8 years old) are in Indefinite Leave to Remain Visa in UK.

Would like to apply for British citizenship for my wife and Kids but her stay in UK is not continuous and hence would like to take your valuable advises before I submit the application

My Wife came to UK in the Year May 2012 and If I want to apply in 5 Years route ( 2014 - 2019) for British Citizenship, she is away for more than 1000 days so I think, she cannot apply through this route.

However I learnt that there is an option of applying for British Citizenship Under 3 Years Route as British Spouse and her total absence days are 176 in last 3 years , i.e July 2016 To Till date ( Absence Limit is 270 days)

Now, I would like to take an advise whether she can go ahead and apply for the British Citizenship Under 3 Years route? Please help with the information.

Also, please help me on the documentation required to support for her applications and Kids.

Thanks
Bheeshma.

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Eligibility Criteria for British Citizenship

Post by aman90 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:27 am

Check if she was physically present in UK 3 years before the date you plan to apply for BC.

Bheeshma
India

Post by Bheeshma » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:14 am

Thank you Aman for the reply !

She lived in UK Continuously for 3 years however her total absence days are 176 days and sure , I will check the dates and then proceed with her application

Reason for raising this topic in the Forum is

- I became British Citizen Citizen in the Year March 2018 and If my wife wants to apply the citizenship under 3 Years route living in Civil relationship, should I ( Main Applicant) complete 3 Years as a British Citizen?

- What are documents should my wife has to submit along with her Citizenship Application?
- Life in the UK Test
- English Language speaking eligibility
- Current Proof of Address
- Any bank statements?

- Also advise what documents should be submitted for Kid's Application?

Thanks
Bheeshma.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:37 am

- I became British Citizen Citizen in the Year March 2018 and If my wife wants to apply the citizenship under 3 Years route living in Civil relationship, should I ( Main Applicant) complete 3 Years as a British Citizen?
There is NO requirement that you must have been British for 3 years. You simply need to be British when she applies, even if you only became British yesterday.
- What are documents should my wife has to submit along with her Citizenship Application?
- Life in the UK Test
- English Language speaking eligibility
- Current Proof of Address Not required.
- Any bank statements? Not required.
- Also advise what documents should be submitted for Kid's Application?
Minimal. the online form will tell you what is required. You can also read the MN1 Guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:58 am

And start filling out the form.. You can edit the form a 100 times till ur ready to submit. It’ll guide you on the required docs as well..

Bheeshma
India

Post by Bheeshma » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:51 pm

Thank you CR001 & Aman for your advises.

Best Regards
Bheeshma.

Bheeshma
India

ILR - Dependants Eligibility for Citizenship

Post by Bheeshma » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:21 am

Hi,

I am now British Citizen ( via TIER1) however my dependants ( Wife and 2 kids) are still on ILR, due to expire their Visa by Jun 2021.

My Wife is eligible for Citizenship through 3 Years Route (she already out of UK for 245 days in last 3 years) however due to family situation arised back home in India , She has to stay there for an year.

My question is - If she stays back in India and then come back to UK after an Year, Is she required to spend 3 Years again inorder to get eligibility for Citizenship. Kindly advise.

I hope, I am clear in my question.

Kind Regards, Bheeshma.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Dependants Eligibility for Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:42 am

She will qualify when she comes back if all of the below requirements are met.

1. Absence of 370 days or less in the 3 years immediately preceding date of application.

2. 90 days or less absence in the 12 months immediately preceding date of application.

3. That she was physically present 3 years ago on the same date she applies.

Being absent for a year takes her over the absence limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:32 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:42 am
1. Absence of 370 days or less in the 3 years immediately preceding date of application.
Typo. 270 days.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:33 am

aman90 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:32 am
CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:42 am
Typo. 270 days.
Thanks yes, typo using my phone :oops:
Char (CR001 not Casa)