ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization(AN) application queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

business genius

Naturalization(AN) application queries

Post by business genius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:50 am

Hi Respected members

I'm applying for British citizenship on 4 Dec.2019 as i am completing my ILR one year on 03 Dec.
I have few questions relating to AN Form.
My visa is entrepreneur 5years(PSW converted)+1 year ILR.I have following queries:
1) Regarding absences from UK, do i need to mention the last 5 years travel/absences from UK(the date i got my entrepreneur Visa)or since i arrived UK first time?
2) Employment history, i am self employed since i got entrepreneur visa but i was working when PSW(Job+SelfEmployed) and first 1 year as student.Do i need to mention all the details, even student details.
3) As i am applying on 04 Dec.2019 so it means i should be in UK on 04Dec.2014?Is it correct

Many thanks in advance

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalization(AN) application queries

Post by aman90 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:35 pm

business genius wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:50 am

I'm applying for British citizenship on 4 Dec.2019 as i am completing my ILR one year on 03 Dec.

My visa is entrepreneur 5years(PSW converted)+1 year ILR.I have following queries:
1) Regarding absences from UK, do i need to mention the last 5 years travel/absences from UK(the date i got my entrepreneur Visa)or since i arrived UK first time?

It’s 5 years from the date of Naturalisation application. Any absences between 04 DEC 14 to 03 DEC 19.

2) Employment history, i am self employed since i got entrepreneur visa but i was working when PSW(Job+SelfEmployed) and first 1 year as student.Do i need to mention all the details, even student details.

Yes. Each and every paid job since you entered UK.

3) As i am applying on 04 Dec.2019 so it means i should be in UK on 04Dec.2014?

Yes. Or 05 Dec 2014.

business genius

Post by business genius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:24 pm

Many thanks Aman90

I have one more question.

I am self employed and run my business as company.Do i need to submit the latest Self Assessment Tax Return of Director Or Company Tax Return

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:15 pm

business genius wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:24 pm
Many thanks Aman90

I have one more question.

I am self employed and run my business as company.Do i need to submit the latest Self Assessment Tax Return of Director Or Company Tax Return
Director of company- if registered at companies house- PAYE reference. As a director you are an employee of ur company.
Self employed- self assessment

business genius

Post by business genius » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:26 am

Hi Respected members

I am just checking and editing my application before submitting on 04 Dec.2019 as i am completing my 1 year ILR on 03 Dec.
I have few questions that need clarification:
1) How does referee know the applicant question? My professional referee knew me as we got professional qualification together & member of same professional organisation. Can I reply as "we studied together" and second referee is my "neighbour & also studied same college/uni"so don't know what to write in the AN form but more inclined to write 'neighbour'.
2) Immigration Details: Have you made any previous UK Immigration application in the UK or abroad? I write "No"
3) Employment Details: As a director of company i write the company UTR number as Tax Office Reference Number. Is it correct or i have to give Employer PAYE reference number
4) I am planning to scan the following documents, pls suggest if i am missing any document:
a) Current Passport & previous passport (all pages showing travel stamps of 5year period)
b) Current BRP
c) MBA for english Language
d)LIUK
e) 2 Referees' declarations
Many thanks in advance for sparing some time to reply the answers.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:52 pm

business genius wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:26 am
1) How does referee know the applicant question? My professional referee knew me as we got professional qualification together & member of same professional organisation. Can I reply as "we studied together" and second referee is my "neighbour & also studied same college/uni"so don't know what to write in the AN form but more inclined to write 'neighbour'.

Neighbour or friend or colleague..

2) Immigration Details: Have you made any previous UK Immigration application in the UK or abroad? I write "No"

How is that even possible? You’ve never made an application to enter UK or to extend ur stay within the UK..

3) Employment Details: As a director of company i write the company UTR number as Tax Office Reference Number. Is it correct or i have to give Employer PAYE reference number

Answered previously

4) I am planning to scan the following documents, pls suggest if i am missing any document:
a) Current Passport & previous passport (all pages showing travel stamps of 5year period)
b) Current BRP
c) MBA for english Language
d)LIUK
e) 2 Referees' declarations
Many thanks in advance for sparing some time to reply the answers.

Looks fine.

business genius

Post by business genius » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:28 pm

How is that even possible? You’ve never made an application to enter UK or to extend ur stay within the UK..

Oh I thought that it’s only relating to any application relating to naturalisation..
So it means I need to give details of all immigration application details filed to UKVI.
Many thanks Aman90 for clarification

business genius

Post by business genius » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi
I filed my Online Naturalization application yesterday and booked Biometric appointment for next week.

Today i am trying to upload my documents.There are following categories:
Mandatory:
Passport copy

Optional:
Residence
Education
Other

Now when i checked my list of documents checklist, its showing following documents mandatory:
2 Referees declaration
Residence permit
English language

So now my question is where to upload all documents?
Do i need to upload one single file of all mandatory documents like refrees declaration, passport,BRP in one file in the mandatory documents upload.
Its mentioned that upload documents in required category so that your case worker can only check/click the relevant link.I am bit confused now.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:17 pm

Don’t worry about categories.
Just upload each PDF under mandatory documents.

business genius

Post by business genius » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:28 pm

Oh ok many thanks
I got confused & upset due to this file upload confusion.
I will upload all files under mandatory category