ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

information about British Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Doofy
Newly Registered
Italy

information about British Citizen

Post by Doofy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:21 pm

Hello,
I would like to know if I am automatically an English citizen.
My grandmother, my mother and her brothers are all British citizens.
My grandmother was born in Doncaster on 1939.
My mother is an English citizen, she has a document released in 1981 which attests her. But she was born In Italy

I was born in 1992 in Italy and I would like to confirm that I have the right to citizenship.
Or I'd like to know if I'm entitled to it.

Thanks to all,
Alessio

zimba
Mood:

Re: information about British Citizen

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:06 am

In your case, you should determine if your British parent could pass on their citizenship to you. That is if she was either:

•born or adopted in the UK
•given citizenship after applying for it in their own right (not based on having a British parent)
•working as a Crown servant when you were born (for example in the diplomatic service, overseas civil service or armed forces)

How did your mother get citizenship ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice