ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advice needed please, please, EFM of EEA National

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bosco 74
Newly Registered
Congo

Urgent advice needed please, please, EFM of EEA National

Post by Bosco 74 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:29 am

Please guys I need your advice, I used to be a dependant of my EEA brother before I came to the UK and he also sponsored me and I was given a student visa to the UK in in 2004. My brother then relocated to the UK in 2007 and was exercising his treaty rights here. In 2008 I made a residence card application through him and in 2010,the application was refused with no right of appeal.
The Home Office claimed that I did not provide enough evidence to show that I depended on my EEA sponsor before coming to the UK ,I asked for reconsideration on three occasions by sending the evidence I had a the time but the Home Office still maintained their decision to refuse my application .

I became very stressed and didn't make any more submissions, after one year in 2012,I applied for Asylum which was granted .And 2018 I was granted ILR then I applied for naturalisation in 2019 but it was refused.
Reason for refusal, I was in the country illegally btn 2010 when my residence card was refused to 2012 when I was granted Asylum that I breached immigration law.
They gave me the right to challenge the decision

My application for residence card I feel was unfairly denied and as an EFM of EEA National, do I have any grounds of challenging this decision?

Please help me guys

Many thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Urgent advice needed please, please, EFM of EEA National

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Hello

With citizenship, there is nothing to challenge.

You need to wait until you have 10 years of clean immigration history, then you can apply.

This for you means somewhere in 2022.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:41 pm

Well you have 2 reasons of which you can challenge it.

Firstly, you had made an application and sought to regularise your position, and during that period, you could not be removed.

Secondly you were a refugees and could not have been expected to return to your country, it will therefore be wrong for them to use conduct prior to the recognition of your refugee rights against you.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Bosco 74
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by Bosco 74 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:30 am

Thanks for the advice guys