ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form T - Good Character query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dooties
Newly Registered
France

Naturalisation query - "proof of freedom from immigration time restriction".

Post by dooties » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:09 pm

Good day,

I am applying for Naturalisation, and I have hit a hurdle that has me stumped.

I was born in the United Kingdom to French parents, however in their infinite wisdom they decided to register me through the local consulate/embassy and as such I'm French. (This is also the reason I do not have a BRP)

Now, since I was born here and lived here my entire life I'm not sure how I can provide "proof of freedom from immigration time restriction". I do have a registration certificate, and obviously my birth certificate is English. Would this be sufficient?

Kind regards.

vinny

Re: Naturalisation query - "proof of freedom from immigration time restriction".

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:56 am

When were you born?
How long were your parents in the UK when you were born?
What were they doing in the UK?

What does your registration certificate say?

It’s possible that you are already British!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dooties
Newly Registered
France

Re: Naturalisation query - "proof of freedom from immigration time restriction".

Post by dooties » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:10 am

I was born on the 13th of June, 2000.

To my knowledge they moved here early 1999, however due to some circumstances they we're not working during this period and this stops me from applying for residency the easy way.

The document states I'm an EEA individual exercessing treaty rights, under document type it says "Registration Document". And that's it.

Thanks

dooties
Newly Registered
France

Post by dooties » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:53 pm

Update: Following a conversation with the Home Office I have been made aware of the Form T process, this fits my current situation perfectly so I have canned the old application and am now going through that process instead.

dooties
Newly Registered
France

Post by dooties » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:10 pm

Hi there,

I'm a bit hung up on this question, I've never had any criminal convictions, formal warning or anything of the sort.

The only thing I can think off was something that happened last year, I was asked to leave from an (seemingly) abandoned tarmac ground by the Ministry of Defence's private security. They advised me that the ground was restricted and I should not be there and was asked to leave promptly, they did take down the registration number of my vehicle and told me it would be passed to my local police department.

The security officer outlined nothing would come of it as it was my first time on the site and did not know otherwise, but warned me I'd get a warning from the police if I came back again (I never came back).

Do I need to disclose this on my application?

Thanks!

Amber
Mood:

Re: Form T - Good Character query

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:47 pm

No.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dooties
Newly Registered
France

Post by dooties » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:35 pm

Okay, thank you! :)

dooties
Newly Registered
France

Form T - Referee relation definition

Post by dooties » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:43 pm

Hi,

I appreciate all the help in getting from this forum, thank you all.

I have my first referee sorted out, for the second my mother's boyfriend agreed to go down. They live together but aren't married at all (they only moved in a few months ago). and I don't live at home with them either.

Is a relation purely by blood/legality unless they are your direct partner living with you and therefore would it be acceptable to have him?

Thanks!

Amber
Mood:

Re: Form T - Referee relation definition

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:33 am

I suggest someone else.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dooties
Newly Registered
France

Form T after EEA Settlement Scheme

Post by dooties » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:12 pm

Hi there,

I'm aware you have to wait to 12 months after being approved as Settled to go for standard naturalisation, in my case I can apply via Form-T. Does the 12 months waiting period still apply to this as well, or can I apply whenever I want?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:38 am

dooties wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:10 am
I was born on the 13th of June, 2000.

To my knowledge they moved here early 1999, however due to some circumstances they we're not working during this period and this stops me from applying for residency the easy way.

The document states I'm an EEA individual exercessing treaty rights, under document type it says "Registration Document". And that's it.

Thanks
If a parent was exercising any EEA free movement right in the UK prior or at the time of your birth, then you are automatically British. Else, you are entitled to register now.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dooties
Newly Registered
France

Post by dooties » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:51 pm

Hiya,

Would I have to disclose that my father has had convictions in the past relating to terrorism? It would classed as spent by UK standards however the guidance states I must tell them of any history that may put my good character in doubt (although I don't share his views in haven't seen or heard from him out of my volition).

Unfortunately it seems I must live with the sins of my father, any guidance would appreciated.

Kind regards,

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:36 am

Perhaps the guidance to case workers might give some insight (if not already seen):
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... y-guidance
Applications are individual and I think you should (would) not be judged by anything in your family history, unless you were actually involved. However, others may be able to comment further - the scenario you describe seems to be very rare.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dooties
Newly Registered
France

Post by dooties » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:30 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I would hope it's a rare scenario haha, I spoke to an advisor at the home office today who advised I wouldn't have to disclose it as it's not my charge. I've also sent the same query on email so I can get written confirmation from them.

Thanks