ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application for a Dependent of a British Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AceVentura
Newly Registered
India

Naturalization Application for a Dependent of a British Citizen

Post by AceVentura » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:33 pm

Hello All,

I have received my Naturalization Certificate today :D . Applying for British Passport tomorrow :) .

My spouse is on my previous ( Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa ) which Expires on 8th March 2020. She is in the UK for 11 years now.

Question :?: :

Can I apply directly for her Naturalization skipping ILR as a wife on British Citizen.

:? OR :?

I have to apply for her ILR ( 10 year route ) and only than she can have her Naturalization.

Please advise.

Thanks in Advance

AceVentura

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Naturalization Application for a Dependent of a British Citizen

Post by tier21419 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:58 pm

AceVentura wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:33 pm
Hello All,

I have received my Naturalization Certificate today :D . Applying for British Passport tomorrow :) .

My spouse is on my previous ( Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa ) which Expires on 8th March 2020. She is in the UK for 11 years now.

Question :?: :

Can I apply directly for her Naturalization skipping ILR as a wife on British Citizen.

:? OR :?

I have to apply for her ILR ( 10 year route ) and only than she can have her Naturalization.

Please advise.

Thanks in Advance

AceVentura
Your wife can't skip ILR. Once your wife gets ilr then she will not have to wait for one year as you are already British citizen.

vinny

Re: Naturalization Application for a Dependent of a British Citizen

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:00 am

Correct. Don’t try to skip ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.