ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for Child Born Outside UK with Father has British citizen and Mother has ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vsk106

British Citizenship for Child Born Outside UK with Father has British citizen and Mother has ILR

Post by vsk106 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:54 pm

Hi Team,

Could you please provide advice regarding Non UK Born Child British Citizenship.

My Son 6yrs Age born in outside UK and Father has British Citizen ship via Naturalisation and Mother has ILR VISA. Can we apply directly Naturalisation for my Son without applying ILR ?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: British Citizenship for Child Born Outside UK with Father has British citizen and Mother has ILR

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:49 am

vsk106 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:54 pm
Hi Team,

Could you please provide advice regarding Non UK Born Child British Citizenship.

My Son 6yrs Age born in outside UK and Father has British Citizen ship via Naturalisation and Mother has ILR VISA. Can we apply directly Naturalisation for my Son without applying ILR ?
Did you hold British citizenship when he was born?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

vsk106

Re: British Citizenship for Child Born Outside UK with Father has British citizen and Mother has ILR

Post by vsk106 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:34 pm

Did you hold British citizenship when he was born? No.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:23 am

Then no,children born abroad are expected to hold ilr before they can apply for citizenship.

What visa exactly does your wife hold? Is it ilr or a spouse visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vsk106

Post by vsk106 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:21 pm

Hi CR001,
Thanks for your response.

What visa exactly does your wife hold? Is it ilr or a spouse visa? ILR Visa

Father: British Passport Via Naturalisation
Mother: ILR Visa
Son: PBS Dependent Visa. Born out side UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:39 pm

He will follow the same path as your spouse on PBS dependent visa and then ilr before they can apply for citizenship. There is no shortcut for him.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.