ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents to upload, stamps in passport and photo

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

RugratsRUs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Question re: proof of living in UK and child's birthparent question

Post by RugratsRUs » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:31 pm

What constitutes proof of living in the UK? I am married to a British citizen for 21 years, having lived in the UK for the past 7.5 years. I am a SAHM and only started working for my son's ltd company last September. I see they do not accept bank statements as proof, nor utility bills.

My passport was stamped when I returned from a trip in 2018 but not when I returned from a trip in 2019. Our council tax bill for the last 1+ years is not in our names but in the owner of the house we rent's name. I may have a few letters for NHS appointments hanging around along with some correspondence in regards to Child Benefit. Otherwise, I am at a loss at what type of proof I can use.

Also, a side question. One of the questions on the online form is poorly worded (IMHO). It asks:

Do you have any children whose birth parent is not your partner?

Yes, I do but because they are adopted. They are neither my husband's nor my birth children. I imagine they are asking in regards to stepchildren but again, I feel it is poorly written. My adopted children are British citizens and do live with us. I am currently thinking of choosing 'no' but wanted to see if anyone has insight on this question.

Thanks for any and all help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question re: proof of living in UK and child's birthparent question

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:55 pm

Useful to state fully what you are rather than SAHM (stay at home mum) as not everyone is familiar with various acronyms.

Do you hold ilr?

Any period of no legal status in the UK?

What is your immigration history?

Residency proof is your passports, that's it. Extra evidence is only required for EU citizens and their family applying for British citizenship as their passports are not stamped.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RugratsRUs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Question re: proof of living in UK and child's birthparent question

Post by RugratsRUs » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:20 pm

Useful to state fully what you are rather than SAHM (stay at home mum) as not everyone is familiar with various acronyms.

Sorry, you are right that I should have not used an acronym. Oops. I actually prefer 'Domestic Engineer'... :lol:

Do you hold ilr?

Yes, I have had ILR since about 6 months after arriving in the UK, so 7 years.

Any period of no legal status in the UK?

I do not believe so. I have travelled back to the United States a few times for a few weeks each and to South Korea last year for a month, but otherwise I have always been in the UK.

What is your immigration history?

I arrived in the UK with a settlement spouse visa and then applied for ILR about 5-6 months later and it was granted. My husband is a British citizen, born in Germany while British parents stationed there (this always causes questions when we registered our children's birth with British consulate.) I am an American citizen. Is this the history you are looking for? I do not think there is much else immigration wise.

Residency proof is your passports, that's it. Extra evidence is only required for EU citizens and their family applying for British citizenship as their passports are not stamped.

Even if my passport is not stamped every time? Is this because the Home Office already has the history of entry and exit in their system via passport control? When I came back from South Korea it was not stamped apparently. It was not stamped when I arrived in South Korea either so it not evident I even travelled in my passport. I have been ensuring I kept all my bank statements for 7.5 years because I thought they would be evidence like with the ILR and now to find out they are not. I can now get rid of them!

Thank you for the help!

RugratsRUs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Documents to upload, stamps in passport and photo

Post by RugratsRUs » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:06 pm

I have a few questions I am hoping someone can help me with:

1. On the referee form, should the referee be the one to write my full name and date of birth or can I do that? I believe at one point they were supposed to and also sign it but it looks to have changed (perhaps because it is uploaded?)

2. I have travelled outside of the country twice in the last two years. However, my passport is only stamped for one of the trips. It was not stamped when I arrived in South Korea or when I returned to the UK from South Korea. Will this cause an issue?

3. I assume I only scan and upload the information page/biometric page and any stamped pages? Is it also necessary to upload my spousal visa from my old passport?

4. Is my passport and/or biometric resident permit (with ILR) all I need for these document requirements (even if I am missing some stamps):

a. Proof of living in the UK
b. Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions

Thank you for any and all help!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Documents to upload, stamps in passport and photo

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:07 pm

1. On the referee form, should the referee be the one to write my full name and date of birth or can I do that? I believe at one point they were supposed to and also sign it but it looks to have changed (perhaps because it is uploaded?)
You can write your details in no issue. Referees confirm that you are the person, etc.
2. I have travelled outside of the country twice in the last two years. However, my passport is only stamped for one of the trips. It was not stamped when I arrived in South Korea or when I returned to the UK from South Korea. Will this cause an issue?
Not an issue.
3. I assume I only scan and upload the information page/biometric page and any stamped pages? Is it also necessary to upload my spousal visa from my old passport?
Correct - bio page and stamped pages only. Don't think they need your spousal visa, you have ILR ....
4. Is my passport and/or biometric resident permit (with ILR) all I need for these document requirements (even if I am missing some stamps):

a. Proof of living in the UK
b. Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions
4a. Yes Passport
4b. Your BRP
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

RugratsRUs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Documents to upload, stamps in passport and photo

Post by RugratsRUs » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:41 pm

Thank you so much for your wonderfully helpful and reassuring advice!

Take care