ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raij
Poland

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by raij » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:57 am

qwisnia wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:28 am
nnn15 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:34 pm
lmannova wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:56 am
Hello there,

so here I am back again..

I was approved on 20th July and still didn't get an invitation. Waiting for it for over 18 weeks.

I tried so many ways already and exhausted all my options and honestly I am tired of this. HO was contacted several times over the phone, they did escalate it 2x for me but never got back to me [even though they said in how many days I will hear from them]. Emailing them is not worth it as their current response is 3 months [tried]. Council doesn't have my certificate. I also contacted my local council from my previous address as I moved after the approval but they don't have it either [I wanted to try all possible options, you never know with HO]. Even though the address change was confirmed by HO, I don't trust them.

Although I am really happy people are getting their invitations, I am very frustrated,angry and sad.

Why are they not being honest? Are they hiding something? I really wish they would tell us.

And as I fast I wanted to get the biometrics done back in July once they opened the centres, I now regret it as I should have done it later on and not rush it.

But from the previous comments I believe there are also another people waiting, some even from May, June?
Hey, waiting since April, no letter, no certificate. The phone helpline escalated my case last week, they said the HO should get in contact within 10 working days (which I'm not very hopeful about as previously they didn't follow through on the timelines they provided).
I think you can take the following actions:
1. Submit a complaint here https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/reason that the HO failed to deliver within the stated timeline of 12 weeks.
2. You might reach out to your MP, apparently the HO is legally obliged to respond to MPs.

Please post here if you find anything that works as I and a couple of other people on this forum are struggling with the same issue.
I'm in the same situation, can I suggest creating a separate thread in which we could track how many of forgotten application HO has got?
ifyou make it can you let me know please?i dont want to miss it im on a 26 th week of waiting now

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:57 am

Any idea @baybars1 @cullinan on when can I expect my naturalisation certificate.
I was approved on 19th October.
Your help is much appreciated thanks a lot

londuk1
Mood:
Greece

Post by londuk1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:12 am

Doc12345 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:25 am
londuk1 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:10 pm
aquamarine_16 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:04 pm
Hi Everyone, I will be submitting my UK Citizenship application in January. I have heard that when I submit the application online I can choose which council my ceremony will be held at. Is this actually true? If so, my plan is to select Hammersmith & Fulham Council because I have read on this forum that they do not ask to see the ceremony invitation letter, whereas my actual council (Wandsworth) seems to be very strict about asking for the ceremony invitation letter. I need my citizenship as soon as possible and don't want to be delayed by any potential issues in receiving the letter, which I have read a lot of people on this forum seem to have experienced. Thank you very much in advance for any responses!
Yes you can choose your council and yes avoid Wandsworth I wish I has selected a different council, they are not helpful at all.
Londuk1 any news regarding invitation letter?
Nope, no sign of the letter. :cry:

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:14 am

coolrockspart2 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:57 am
Any idea @baybars1 @cullinan on when can I expect my naturalisation certificate.
I was approved on 19th October.
Your help is much appreciated thanks a lot
Well im one one behind you so either late or mid december or early january

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:18 pm

raij wrote:
qwisnia wrote:
nnn15 wrote:
lmannova wrote:
Hello there,

I was approved on 20th July and still didn't get an invitation. Waiting for it for over 18 weeks.

I tried so many ways already and exhausted all my options and honestly I am tired of this. HO was contacted several times over the phone, they did escalate it 2x for me but never got back to me [even though they said in how many days I will hear from them]. Emailing them is not worth it as their current response is 3 months [tried]. Council doesn't have my certificate. I also contacted my local council from my previous address as I moved after the approval but they don't have it either [I wanted to try all possible options, you never know with HO]. Even though the address change was confirmed by HO, I don't trust them.

Although I am really happy people are getting their invitations, I am very frustrated,angry and sad.

Why are they not being honest? Are they hiding something? I really wish they would tell us.

And as I fast I wanted to get the biometrics done back in July once they opened the centres, I now regret it as I should have done it later on and not rush it.

But from the previous comments I believe there are also another people waiting, some even from May, June?
Hey, waiting since April, no letter, no certificate. The phone helpline escalated my case last week, they said the HO should get in contact within 10 working days (which I'm not very hopeful about as previously they didn't follow through on the timelines they provided).
1. Submit a complaint here https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/reason that the HO failed to deliver within the stated timeline of 12 weeks.
2. You might reach out to your MP, apparently the HO is legally obliged to respond to MPs.

Please post here if you find anything that works as I and a couple of other people on this forum are struggling with the same issue.
I'm in the same situation, can I suggest creating a separate thread in which we could track how many of forgotten application HO has got?
ifyou make it can you let me know please?i dont want to miss it im on a 26 th week of waiting now
There is already a thread created by someone who's been waiting for a certificate since March: british-citizenship/naturalisation-appr ... 09105.html

qasimspp
Newly Registered

Post by qasimspp » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:36 pm

Hi guys has anyone heard back from Redbridge council. Few of them were waiting.
Just curious how long now they are taking.

qwisnia
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by qwisnia » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:37 pm

raij wrote:
qwisnia wrote:
nnn15 wrote:
lmannova wrote:
Hello there,

I've made a new thread here: british-citizenship/citizenship-ceremon ... l#p1966077

Kam2020
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Kam2020 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:02 pm

Nothing from Redbridge yet since email on 21 nov

leo55
Mood:

Post by leo55 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:52 pm

qasimspp wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:36 pm
Hi guys has anyone heard back from Redbridge council. Few of them were waiting.
Just curious how long now they are taking.
Emailed Redbridge Council early last week with my details and invitation letter, No reply so far.Don't even know if the Council has received my certificate as no one from the council has confirmed yet.

Called last Friday and spoke to customer services, being told to wait for 5 working days and someone from citizenship team will reply or call. Told her that 5 working days deadline has already been passed (I knew someone has reported in this forum about emailing Council). Official said they are very busy now a days due to producing COVID deaths certificate and that is the reason of delay. Keep waiting and someone will reply.

Don't know how long we have to wait now.

JETK
Newly Registered

Post by JETK » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi all,

Anyone from the August approvals still waiting for invitation letter? I was approved on 28/08 but still not received my invitation letter.

As mentioned previously I was informed by HO that all the August approval letters were sent on 19 November.

Just wondering if there are others who are still waiting like me?

Also for those who received the invitation letter, was it sent by HO through Royal Mail?

Thanks all

Yasmin123

Post by Yasmin123 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:42 pm

I have quick question can someone tell me what is the Haringey process time? What is the quickest way I can book ceremony. In letter says they will keep review good character requirement. Is there any example successful citizenship application has been cancelled because of that?

londuk1
Mood:
Greece

Post by londuk1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:29 pm

JETK wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:22 pm
Hi all,

Anyone from the August approvals still waiting for invitation letter? I was approved on 28/08 but still not received my invitation letter.

As mentioned previously I was informed by HO that all the August approval letters were sent on 19 November.

Also for those who received the invitation letter, was it sent by HO through Royal Mail?

Thanks all
You are not alone, Same here. Approved 3/8 and still waiting

korben555
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by korben555 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Approved 18.08. Waiting game...

Doc12345
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Doc12345 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:52 pm

JETK wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:22 pm
Hi all,

Thanks all
4th August approval here still waiting.

sulemanca1976
Newly Registered

Post by sulemanca1976 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:00 pm

Hounslow- ceremony 31 dec private or 15 feb standard

korben555
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by korben555 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:07 pm

How much is for private ? I am Hounslow too....

sulemanca1976
Newly Registered

Post by sulemanca1976 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:14 pm

korben555 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:07 pm

sulemanca1976
Newly Registered

Post by sulemanca1976 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:14 pm

korben555 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:07 pm

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:26 pm

Hello, anyone for Westminster Council ? My application was approved on Sep 18th. Hope to receive invitation soon. Does it come via email or post ?

woabgh
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by woabgh » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:53 pm

After reading a number of posts and timelines, I am under the impression that the invitation letter is sent quicker for EU applications than for non-EU.
Is this an impression or would baybars1 have this data in his model so we can compare the two different average times?

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi all

Hope any of you experienced the same can help.

My application was approved on 18th of September and now council has confirmed that they have received my certificate but I have not had invite from home office yet.

Is that normal that a) council has received the certificate but I have not received the invitation? b) which email address should I use for citizenship team to send them an email about no invitation letter received yet?

London249
Pakistan

Post by London249 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:46 pm

Which council do you have and how did you know they have your certificate , and when did they received your certificate

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:58 pm

London249 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:46 pm
Which council do you have and how did you know they have your certificate , and when did they received your certificate
It’s Newport, and I just called them today to check if they got my certificate and they confirmed that. But wouldn’t book the ceremony until I got the invitation.

If we can have the approval via email god knows why they couldn’t send an email for invitation as well.

Tirinti
Mood:

Post by Tirinti » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:06 pm

JTOM wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:05 pm
Tirinti wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:10 am
I'm finally British. As per instructions in the Croydon Register Office website I tried to book a private ceremony by mail. I've only received auto reply that I will be replied in 10 working days. After 10 working days, yesterday, I called the number for group ceremonies only. Of course they are suspended. Fortunately the advisor was very nice and contacted the private ceremony person and she called me back and booked me for today's morning.
So if anyone from Croydon wants to have a private ceremony, it is better to not only send an email as the website states, but also call the group ceremonies phone. Expect half an hour listening to the music before someone answer. It is worth waiting as they are nice and helpful.
Good luck to everyone.
Congrats great news! Did it cost extra for the private ceremony and if so how much if you don't mind me asking?
It cost £100 at Croydon Council.

JTOM
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by JTOM » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:07 pm

Almost there for me, so pleased!! Sharing my timeline for reference.

Date of Application: 5th August 2020
Date of Biometrics Appointment: 8th September 2020
Date of Approval: 21st September 2020 via Email (PDF attachment)
Date Ceremony Letter Received: 28th November 2020 via Post (in the magical brown envelope!)
Date on Ceremony Letter: 19th November 2020
Date of Ceremony: Group ceremony booked for 9th December 2020
Council: Croydon

@Triniti - thanks for coming back to me re the private ceremony cost at Croydon, I was lucky enough to get a space in the group ceremony next week so ended up going with that option!