ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong Council for the Citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fatih453
Newly Registered
Turkey

Wrong Council for the Citizenship ceremony

Post by Fatih453 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:32 pm

Hi All;

I've finally received my approval letter for BC. However, on the letter I've noticed that they chose the wrong council instead of Hertfordshire they put Herefordshire which is 3.5 hours drive away. I've checked the application form, I said no to attend in different council on my application. What should I do?

Do you know where I should contact on this? Considering the current conditions, I don't want to travel 4 hours for a ceremony with my family.

I've called both councils, they don't respond.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Wrong Council for the Citizenship ceremony

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:47 pm

It's likely to be difficult to arrange anything during the current emergency, and clearly moving around will become more difficult.
However, as it's a mistake by UKVI you could try emailing FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk to explain and request the correct council to receive your certificate.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Fatih453
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Fatih453 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:46 pm

Thanks for the response. I've now got this corrected however I cannot book any date as they say they are not currently booking any ceremony until the 13th of April which is more than 21 days allowed. The lady on the phone told me that 21 day limit is incorrect and it is 90 days. Should I rely on this and wait? I worry if this cause my application to be cancelled. Is there any similar experience or update from HO?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:47 pm

You usually have to BOOK within 21 days and ATTEND within 90 days! Given the current crisis, nothing can be booked. Unlikey anyone will be penalised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

paul911
Newly Registered

Post by paul911 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:14 pm

Here is the official policy on this:

https://www.gov.uk/citizenship-ceremonies

Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), you’ll have 6 months to book your citizenship ceremony after receiving an invitation from the Home Office. Any delays caused by COVID-19 will not affect decisions around your application.

Fatih453
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Fatih453 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:04 am

Perfect Thanks Guys.