ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by oxana777 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:51 pm

sunny_uk123 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:46 pm
Hi guys

Does today's announcement mean that someone like me who has applied for naturalization through Tier 2 + ILR route should not expect to attend biometric appointment. I say this because I have given them my fingerprints 3 times over the last 5 years (most recently 13 months ago)...

Oxana and Pazol, may I ask which route did you apply from?

Thanks!
Yea i did biometrics last year for ILR but my problem is that last time they couldnt take my fingerprints for some reason, it just didnt work! So they made me sign some letter saying they cant take fingerprints... hence i am sure i will have to go to biometrics but worried i didnt get an email. Before that i had biometrics done like 3-4 years ago for tier 2, at the post office so i doubt it will count Did you receive any email about that new process for those who don’t need to attend biometrics?

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:33 pm

My last fingerprints was in one of these UKVCAS service centres and there was no problem with my fingerprints.

I am a bit behind in the queue. I applied on 4th May so I am not in that window yet (hoping for them to get there soon...)

I hope you get an invite soon

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:20 pm

I applied 5th April and haven’t received any email :(

Pazol Azel
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by Pazol Azel » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:12 am

sunny_uk123 wrote:
Hi guys

Does today's announcement mean that someone like me who has applied for naturalization through Tier 2 + ILR route should not expect to attend biometric appointment. I say this because I have given them my fingerprints 3 times over the last 5 years (most recently 13 months ago)...

Thanks!
Hi sunny,
I obtained ILR as EU citizen early April last year... Different route I guess. Never had to give fingerprints before here in the UK.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:39 am

Pazol Azel wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:12 am
sunny_uk123 wrote:
Hi guys

Thanks!
Hi sunny,
I obtained ILR as EU citizen early April last year... Different route I guess. Never had to give fingerprints before here in the UK.
Biometrics are required for each applicant irrespective of route.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

DianaK91
Newly Registered

Post by DianaK91 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:57 am

oxana777 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:55 pm
Pazol Azel wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:53 pm
I got the email now !!!

I applied 15th April.

After otuel's post I thought I had to wait two weeks..

Need to celebrate tonight ahah
I didnt get an email :(
I applied on 1st April and have not received an email, absolutely devastating and does not seem like a phased and fair approach,... :(

DianaK91
Newly Registered

Post by DianaK91 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:38 am

oxana777 wrote:
Pazol Azel wrote:
I got the email now !!!

I applied 15th April.

Applied on 1st April and have not received an email, absolutely devastating and frustrating, called this service and they said to wait until the end of the day and if we do no get an email call them on Monday... ridiculous...

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:43 am

DianaK91 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:38 am
oxana777 wrote:
Pazol Azel wrote:
I got the email now !!!

I applied 15th April.

Applied on 1st April and have not received an email, absolutely devastating and frustrating, called this service and they said to wait until the end of the day and if we do no get an email call them on Monday... ridiculous...
I agree. And by monday all the best slots will be booked by those who have received emails...

DianaK91
Newly Registered

Post by DianaK91 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:40 am

oxana777 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:43 am
DianaK91 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:38 am
oxana777 wrote:
Pazol Azel wrote:
I got the email now !!!

I applied 15th April.

I agree. And by monday all the best slots will be booked by those who have received emails...
I also consider that there might be an error - they sending batch emails, maybe out of 1000 emails, like 10 had some error...
And there is another option if you read an update
"UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19 (see here). This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity. This will mean that certain customers will not need to attend a Service Point.

UKVI are currently working to identify those customers that are eligible to use this new approach."

I applied before for a visa in 2017 and 2018, does it mean they can re-use biometrics?

I would rather attend this bloody appointment and just be over it, 3 months of waiting...

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:51 pm

Hi all,
As per last UKVI update "If you’ve given your fingerprints before
If UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) can reuse the fingerprints you’ve already given, you’ll be emailed with instructions on how to send them an image of your face and your supporting documents.

This will mean you do not have to attend a UKVCAS or an SSC service point appointment to provide biometric information.

If you cannot send the information through the instructions given, you’ll be able to book an appointment."
Can I ask if anyone, who applied recently has received an email from the UKVI to send an image of their face and supporting documents?

This will apply to applicants who submitted their biometric before in previous application to the UKVI but awaiting to submit their biometric to their citizenship application!

Please keep us updated.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:08 pm

From a rudimentary Google search, it seems that this concession applies to only immigration applications .

Keep in mind that naturalisation and registration applications are NOT immigration applications, but are under different laws and different rules.

So it is highly likely that such concessions will not apply to naturalisation or registration applications.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:18 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:08 pm
From a rudimentary Google search, it seems that this concession applies to only immigration applications .

Keep in mind that naturalisation and registration applications are NOT immigration applications, but are under different laws and different rules.

So it is highly likely that such concessions will not apply to naturalisation or registration applications.
I know one person who applied for naturalisation and had an email today saying that she doesnt need to go for biometrics as she had hers done for ILR previously. So this definitely applies to naturalisation as well

shyamal017
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by shyamal017 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:29 pm

hi all
i applied on 27th may 2020...today they emailed me..
sharing with you all ..... bellow

UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).

We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:04 pm

shyamal017 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:29 pm
hi all

UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).

We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.
Please can you let us know what is your route and when did you submit your biometrics last time? Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:07 pm

oxana777 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:18 pm
secret.simon wrote:

I know one person who applied for naturalisation and had an email today saying that she doesnt need to go for biometrics as she had hers done for ILR previously. So this definitely applies to naturalisation as well
Which date that person applied?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:07 pm
oxana777 wrote:
secret.simon wrote:

5th april

I applied on the 15th and still no email at all

Somebody here applied on the 27th May and already had an email. I think this is very unfair. Will have to call them on Monday

shyamal017
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by shyamal017 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:12 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:04 pm
shyamal017 wrote:
hi all

Please can you let us know what is your route and when did you submit your biometrics last time? Thanks

10years long residency ILR then 4.5 years ILR ..last time my biometric given for ILR application on dec 2015..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:13 pm

oxana777 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:09 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
oxana777 wrote:
secret.simon wrote:

5th april

Somebody here applied on the 27th May and already had an email. I think this is very unfair. Will have to call them on Monday
You should wait till tomorrow.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:15 pm

shyamal017 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:12 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:04 pm
shyamal017 wrote:
hi all

10years long residency ILR then 4.5 years ILR ..last time my biometric given for ILR application on dec 2015..
Not sure what UKVI eligibility criteria is then.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:13 pm
oxana777 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
oxana777 wrote:

5th april

Tomorrow is saturday, i doubt anything will happen. It looks like they dont work in the order they said they would! Very disappointing :( They can’t send an email to somebody who applied in may before somebody who applied in april. I have no email to book an appointment either so feel like they just totally ignored my application :(

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:20 pm

oxana777 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
oxana777 wrote:
secret.simon wrote:

5th april

I applied on 21st of May and also have not received any email so again not sure how they are deciding about this to be honest. Apart from that I never received an acknowledgement email but only payment confirmation email.

Not sure how long we will have to wait.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:21 pm

oxana777 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:17 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
oxana777 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

5th april

Tomorrow is saturday, i doubt anything will happen. It looks like they dont work in the order they said they would! Very disappointing :( They can’t send an email to somebody who applied in may before somebody who applied in april. I have no email to book an appointment either so feel like they just totally ignored my application :(
You are over thinking. UKVI emails are received on Saturday plus even on a Sunday.

Raldoc
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raldoc » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:23 pm

Was it March or May?

shyamal017
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by shyamal017 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:21 pm
oxana777 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
oxana777 wrote:

5th april

You are over thinking. UKVI emails are received on Saturday plus even on a Sunday.
just to add....i think i have provided home office ref no for previous application... which helped them to access my history of application...

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:35 pm

shyamal017 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:21 pm
oxana777 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

just to add....i think i have provided home office ref no for previous application... which helped them to access my history of application...
I provided them references for ALL my previous tier 2 applications and ILR but looks like this didnt help. They just totally ignored me. I know of two more people whp had email today but they applied in May so after me