ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

blueskies89
Pakistan

British Citizenship Application Questions - 5 year physically present in UK, Employment and Referees

Post by blueskies89 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:16 pm

Dear Moderators and Members,

I am planning to apply for British Citizenship application on 3rd April, 2020. I am a Non-EEA national and got my ILR on 2nd April, 2019 on Tier 2 route. I am in employment with the same company for which I got my Tier 2 in May, 2014. Before that I was on Tier 4 student visa (2009 - 2014) and Since, May, 2014 I didn't travel outside of UK. That's a brief immigration history. Now I have two questions:

1) For my application I have to prove that I was physically in the UK exactly 5 years before the date of my application. If I apply my application on 3rd April, 2020 that means I have to prove that I was in the UK on 3rd April, 2015. I was in the UK but how can I prove that. I thought of getting a letter from my employer that I was at work that day i.e. 3rd April, 2015 but the problem is I was on Annual Leave from work during that week and the next week but I was still in UK just in a different city. My question is how can I prove I was in the UK on 3rd April, 2015.

2) From 2009 till 2014 I have done few jobs. I requested my 10 year employment history and got all the details of start date and end date of various jobs I did during that time. In that history there was one job that was odd one out in a sense that I applied for it, got the job, it appears in my employment history but I didn't actually went for the job. I eared £0 from that job. Now, my question is shall I add that job in my 10 year employment history?

3 a) How Home Office contact referees.
3 b) What kind of questions Home Office ask from the referees. One of my referee is a family friend who doesn't know much about me i.e. which uni I went to or what kind of job I do etc etc but he is a good family friend and knows my brothers really well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Kind Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship Application Questions - 5 year physically present in UK, Employment and Referees

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:25 pm

1. You don't have to PROVE you were physically present with evidence. Ho use your passports stamps to determine if you were out if the UK or not.

2. Won't do any harm to add it.

3a. They don't contact referees.
3b. Irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Re: British Citizenship Application Questions - 5 year physically present in UK, Employment and Referees

Post by blueskies89 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:32 pm

Thanks CR001.
1. You don't have to PROVE you were physically present with evidence. Ho use your passports stamps to determine if you were out if the UK or not.
Does that mean I have to scan and upload every page of my passport(s) as supporting documents at the end of the application or just taking them along during appointment at the Sopra Steria would be enough?

Mant Thanks.
Kind Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:44 pm

Everything is scanned and uploaded. Same process as for ilr.

You do need to take your passport and brp to your appointment for identity checks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:49 pm

Thank a lot CR001.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Referee Declaration - Can't see declaration forms and declaration signed before application submission

Post by blueskies89 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:03 pm

Dear Moderators and Members,

I am planning to submit my online application on 3rd April, 2020. I filled online form and filled in my Referee details as well but I couldn't see any "Referee Declaration" forms to download during the application. I have 2 questions regarding that.

1) Will I be able to see and download "Referee Declaration" forms once I have submitted my application?

2) During my search I have come across this: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf .Now, my question is can I post these forms to my referees to sign them for me before I submit my application. I am asking this question because there is a clause in that declaration that:
• That, to the best of my knowledge, the details of the applicant given in this
application are correct.
• That my details as a referee given in this application are correct.
This suggests to me that my application must be complete and submitted before my referees could sign the declaration? If I send these forms to my referees before I submit my application (i.e. on 3rd) then the referee declarations would be signed before 3rd of April. Is it allowed? What what you advice regarding this?

Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Blue Skies

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee Declaration - Can't see declaration forms and declaration signed before application submission

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:11 pm

You download them after you have completed the online process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

blueskies89
Pakistan

Re: Referee Declaration - Can't see declaration forms and declaration signed before application submission

Post by blueskies89 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:57 pm

Thanks CR001, I guess I should wait till I submit my application then.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Uploading (Unstamped) 72 Pages of Passport - Sopra Steria Website

Post by blueskies89 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:52 pm

Dear Moderator/Member,

I asked a similar question before and was told requirement of uploading documents to Sopra Steria Website is same as when I applied for ILR a year ago but for clarity I would to ask just 1 simple question.

During the past 5 year I didn't travel outside of UK but I did travel to Dubai once in 2010 (came to UK in 2009). I am applying for naturalisation this week and I have to prove my continuous residency requirement for past 5 years. During the past 5 years I had two passports (renewed last year) and each passport has 36 pages. My question is should I upload 72 pages of passport (none of them have got any stamps) or because I didn't travel I don't need to upload all the pages of my passport.

(P.S I am applying on the basis of 5 Year Tier 1 + 1 Year ILR)

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Blue Skies

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Uploading (Unstamped) 72 Pages of Passport - Sopra Steria Website

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:07 pm

Just scan and upload the biometrics pages and any other pages with stamps/endorsements of your passports. Blank pages not required.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Re: Uploading (Unstamped) 72 Pages of Passport - Sopra Steria Website

Post by blueskies89 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:13 pm

Thanks a lot alterhase58

blueskies89
Pakistan

Previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Post by blueskies89 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:50 pm

Dear Moderators/Members,

I am filling out Naturalisation Form and planning to apply tomorrow. I come across this question.
Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
This includes applications for asylum in the UK.
Yes/No
Do I have to answer Yes and give all the details when I applied my first student visa from Pakistan in 2009, and then in UK in 2012 and then details of my Tier 1 application etc etc?

If so, what shall I do if I don't remember exact dates of my various applications?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Blue Skies

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:55 pm

Can you please keep all your questions in one topic and refrain from starting a new topic with each question.
blueskies89 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:50 pm
Dear Moderators/Members,

I am filling out Naturalisation Form and planning to apply tomorrow. I come across this question.
Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
Yes/No
Do I have to answer Yes and give all the details when I applied my first student visa from Pakistan in 2009, and then in UK in 2012 and then details of my Tier 1 application etc etc?

If so, what shall I do if I don't remember exact dates of my various applications?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Blue Skies
Yes, all applications made in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:57 pm

Thanks a lot CR001.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:22 pm

Dear Moderators/Members,

In "Previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?" section there is a field "Name in which you made the application". Is it my name or the name of the category in which I applied my visa?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.
Kind Regards,

Blue Skies.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:33 pm

This would be your name at the time of application (names can change over the years), not the "category".
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:06 pm

Thanks alterhase58 there are few places on the forum where people have suggested it may be the category name. Are you 100% sure it's my name and not the category name?

Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Blue Skies

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:22 pm

We don't have sight of the online input screens - however, the wording "Name in which you made the application" tells me it's my name that's asked for, doesn't say visa or immigration category. Is there a separate question about which category you applied for, or is there a help screen? Remember that some applicants may have changed their name due to marriage since they applied.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi alterhase58,

Thank you for your reply. Here are the two questions:

Q1. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? (Required)
Yes/No

I select Yes and the follow up question is:

Q2.Name in which you made the application: ______

Date of application, if known (Required): ______

Enter your reference number if known: _____

Was this application made in the UK? (Required)
Yes/No

Were your fingerprints taken as part of this application? (Required)
Yes/No

I wanted to attach a screenshot but didn't know how to do that. So, put the questions in text.

Let me know please what you think.

Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Blue Skies.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:01 am

Thanks for this - still looks like your name that's required - I expect the reference number will point them to the category (if you got the number).
Haven't seen any reports here that anyone has been refused because the data was incorrect or incomplete. Main thing is to give as much data as you can. For some applicants it's difficult as they haven't retained the paperwork but the general advice is to give as much details as possible. The name question though is clear to me.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:56 am

Thanks a lot alterhase58.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:09 pm

I have come across this post
And its quite confusing, the responses suggest to some users its a Category Name and to others its the Applicant's name.

Thanks to alterhase58, he advised its the Applicant's name. Anybody else may be @zimba or any other moderator/member want to shed some light to it.

Or shall I answer Name in which you made the application: Name ABC XYZ Category: Tier X
(To cover both the cases)?

I am planning to apply today.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Blue Skies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:12 pm

It is YOUR name being asked for in that question. It clearly states 'Name in which you made application', ie your name and not 'Name of Application'. Obviously some people change names when they marry for example and a previous visa could have been in a different name.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:15 pm

Thanks a lot CR001

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:52 pm

Just one more question, under the same section:

Enter your reference number if known: ______

What does this refer to? I have got the following from the letter we get from home office upon approval:
Our Ref: 1 Letter 7 Digits / xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
Case ID: 9 Digits
Or is it a Biometric number?

Which reference number do we need to add.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Blue Skies.