ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion on naturalization applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alterhase58
Germany

Re: General discussion on naturalization applications

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:42 am

Laller wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:19 am
Hi everyone, I am wondering..I have applied for naturalisation as a britis citizen. I used my permanent resident document. What would happen if it would expire before the decision? It is valid until the end of this year then it will be replaced with the eu settlement scheme.
Thx for every advice!
No issue as your document was valid when you applied - and you are likely to get a decision well before the year end, fingers crossed. So no need to apply for PR document again, or for settled status.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:39 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:42 am
Laller wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:19 am
Hi everyone, I am wondering..I have applied for naturalisation as a britis citizen. I used my permanent resident document. What would happen if it would expire before the decision? It is valid until the end of this year then it will be replaced with the eu settlement scheme.
Thx for every advice!
No issue as your document was valid when you applied - and you are likely to get a decision well before the year end, fingers crossed. So no need to apply for PR document again, or for settled status.
That is great news..thank you alterhase!!

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:00 pm

standrews wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:21 am
Sous49 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:18 am
standrews wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:53 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:18 pm

Hello there
I got the same reply one month ago.emailed again on the 20th of May and was advised that it is aproved but I will receive a letter to ask me to attend a ceremony when the situarion has improved

Good luck
Hi Sous49,

I remember you earlier got reply from <nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk> in May, where did you contact later for updates? could you share your experience?
Hi StAndrews
Have you contacted the emails i added.did you get an upsate about your application

Please update us
Hi Sous49,

Thanks for your message and apologies to members if I offended them asking where they contacted for an update ...

I sent multiple emails but not a single reply from anyone, I was only replied once in May that decision being made and I should get it shortly.

I applied in mid January, so I assume they will update me close to the 6 months timeline. Being furloughed from March, just an extra anxiety when people get reply and even decision letters, while having clean immigration history of no overstay or criminal record and high tax payer.

I hope we all get it soon.
Hi there

So many congratulations .told you you will be ok

Happy for you

standrews

Post by standrews » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:18 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:00 pm
standrews wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:21 am
Sous49 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:18 am
standrews wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:53 pm

Hi Sous49,

I remember you earlier got reply from <nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk> in May, where did you contact later for updates? could you share your experience?
Hi StAndrews
Have you contacted the emails i added.did you get an upsate about your application

Please update us
Hi Sous49,

Thanks for your message and apologies to members if I offended them asking where they contacted for an update ...

I sent multiple emails but not a single reply from anyone, I was only replied once in May that decision being made and I should get it shortly.

I applied in mid January, so I assume they will update me close to the 6 months timeline. Being furloughed from March, just an extra anxiety when people get reply and even decision letters, while having clean immigration history of no overstay or criminal record and high tax payer.

I hope we all get it soon.
Hi there

So many congratulations .told you you will be ok

Happy for you
Hey,

Many thanks and I hope you're doing well. Honestly some relief after several months :) it was a tough journey of 11 years finally coming to an end :)

Hoping that ceremonies will be resumed in 1-2 weeks and we able to complete the process.

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:03 pm

Hi all,

What's the best email address to enquire about an update on my citizenship application?

Thanks,
K.

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:01 pm

Hello Everyone,
Iam pleased to announce ive been granted citizenship received the decision today via post iam happy indeed because i had a complicating immigration history was overstayer and granted dlr 2012 and was supposed to apply in 2022
Wishing all those waiting goodluck and thanks to this forum the moderators and all of you.
This journey has ended and iam glad i don't have to deal with the HO again

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:07 pm

BoyTed wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:01 pm
Hello Everyone,
Iam pleased to announce ive been granted citizenship received the decision today via post iam happy indeed because i had a complicating immigration history was overstayer and granted dlr 2012 and was supposed to apply in 2022
Wishing all those waiting goodluck and thanks to this forum the moderators and all of you.
Hello BoyTed
Many Congratulations.Please tell us here how many years you have overstayed & whether you worked during overstaying or not & on what basis you got ILR?? This may be very helpful for many people with ILR but previous overstaying holding them to apply .I will appreciate if you can share a brief immigration history as well.
Thank you

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:35 pm

London22 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:07 pm
BoyTed wrote:
Hello Everyone,
Hello BoyTed
Many Congratulations.Please tell us here how many years you have overstayed & whether you worked during overstaying or not & on what basis you got ILR?? This may be very helpful for many people with ILR but previous overstaying holding them to apply .I will appreciate if you can share a brief immigration history as well.
Thank you
Hello London22,
I came in mid 2004 was refused asylum went underground worked illegally and supported myself in 2009 put in fresh application and in 2012 out of the blue got DLR in my post for 3 years then in 2015 applied for extension and got another 3 years and in 2018 applied for ILR and got it after six month of waiting December 2018 and following year December applied for BC got sent a questionnaire in May 2020 will post that separately return 4th of June and got the brown envelope today
These are the questions.
Information Requested

1.What steps did you take to regularise your stay during the period in question?

Please provide copies of any available correspondence

2.Where did you live during this period and who else lived there?

Please provide all addresses in full

3.Who was responsible for paying your accommodation costs (rent, utility bills etc)?

Please provide any available supporting evidence, eg utility bills, tenancy agreements, rent statements, mortgage statements etc

4.When and where did you work during this period?

Please provide evidence eg letters from employers, P60s/P45s, statements of account if self-employed

5.When and where did you study during this period?

Please provide evidence eg letters from colleges, certificates/qualifications

6.What benefits did you receive during this period?

Please provide evidence eg notification or award, schedules of payment

7.Did you receive funds from any other source during this period?

Please provide evidence, eg bank statements, receipts.  If supported by partner/family member, original evidence of their ability to fund such support will also be required

8.Is there any other information that you wish to provide that may be relevant to your application and the assessment of your ability to meet the good character requirement?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:36 pm

London22 wrote:
Hello BoyTed
Thank you
Why can't you simply search the users posts and recent update in their own topic instead of asking for information to constantly be repeated again and again in topics that are NOT relevant to these questions!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:00 pm

BoyTed wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:35 pm
London22 wrote:
BoyTed wrote:
Hello Everyone,
Hello BoyTed
Thank you
Hello London22,
I came in mid 2004 was refused asylum went underground worked illegally and supported myself in 2009 put in fresh application and in 2012 out of the blue got DLR in my post for 3 years then in 2015 applied for extension and got another 3 years and in 2018 applied for ILR and got it after six month of waiting December 2018 and following year December applied for BC got sent a questionnaire in May 2020 will post that separately return 4th of June and got the brown envelope today
These are the questions.
Information Requested

1.What steps did you take to regularise your stay during the period in question?

Please provide copies of any available correspondence

2.Where did you live during this period and who else lived there?

Please provide all addresses in full

3.Who was responsible for paying your accommodation costs (rent, utility bills etc)?

Please provide any available supporting evidence, eg utility bills, tenancy agreements, rent statements, mortgage statements etc

4.When and where did you work during this period?

Please provide evidence eg letters from employers, P60s/P45s, statements of account if self-employed

5.When and where did you study during this period?

Please provide evidence eg letters from colleges, certificates/qualifications

6.What benefits did you receive during this period?

Please provide evidence eg notification or award, schedules of payment

7.Did you receive funds from any other source during this period?

Please provide evidence, eg bank statements, receipts.  If supported by partner/family member, original evidence of their ability to fund such support will also be required

8.Is there any other information that you wish to provide that may be relevant to your application and the assessment of your ability to meet the good character requirement?
Hello BoyTed
Thank you for your information.So HO doesn't follow its own guidance &can grant or refuse nationality to anyone they want .Rules don't make sense.Good for those who get granted but a nightmare for those who get refused on overstaying &working illegally or those who don't apply in fear of losing money due to confusing rules.Some cases like yours have a little hope for Overstayers if they want to take risk.Goodluck in future.

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:42 pm

London22,
Home office is complicating in all immigration stages they are weird but iam happy it worked on my favour this time but had lots of bad decisions and bad luck with the system.
Thanks for the kind wishes.

Present1
Newly Registered

Post by Present1 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:12 pm

Hi Everyone.
I received my Naturalisation decision in the Spam folder of my email. Its worth checking your spam folder if you are waiting for a decision until Home Office starts sending decisions by post.
I want to Thank everyone here specially moderators Secret.Simon, CR001 and others who put there valuable time helping answer application and immigration questions.
Thank you.

Sohail222
Pakistan

Post by Sohail222 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:32 pm

When did u apply ur timeline BC

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:32 am

standrews wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:33 pm
I applied for Naturalisation 13th Jan and emailed HO for an update and below is the reply ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive confirmation of this shortly.

The Home Office will endeavour to process applications and dispatch correspondence as quickly as possible, due to current circumstances this will take longer than normal to process.

Kind regards,

UKVI
Hi standrews,

Can you please let me know to which email address you sent the query?

Thanks,
K.

standrews

Post by standrews » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:00 pm

KenBossini wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:32 am
standrews wrote:
I applied for Naturalisation 13th Jan and emailed HO for an update and below is the reply ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon,

I can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive confirmation of this shortly.

The Home Office will endeavour to process applications and dispatch correspondence as quickly as possible, due to current circumstances this will take longer than normal to process.

Kind regards,

UKVI
Hi standrews,

Thanks,
K.
Hi There,

Just ask for an update from <NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk> they will reply relatively fast within 1-3 days if they have an update.

If you didn't hear for a couple of days, then ask for an update from < FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk> who are not very good in replying fast.

Hope you hear about your approval very soon.

Goodluck!

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:46 am

standrews wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:00 pm
KenBossini wrote:
standrews wrote:

Good Afternoon,

Kind regards,

UKVI
Hi standrews,

Thanks,
K.
Hi There,

Just ask for an update from <NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk> they will reply relatively fast within 1-3 days if they have an update.

If you didn't hear for a couple of days, then ask for an update from < FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk> who are not very good in replying fast.

Goodluck!
Thank you very much. I will try this.

Regards,
K.

mohammadpour
Newly Registered

Post by mohammadpour » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:59 pm

I have applied since october 2019 and i email HO twice in 1 may and 1 july they have replayd with same responde nothing going forward! Does anyone know how long more i have to wait

Good Morning,

Your application is currently awaiting allocation to caseworker, we are currently working with reduced staffing levels due to the corona virus pandemic as per government guidelines

We will contact you should we require any further information, or once a decision has been made

Kind regards,

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:29 pm

mohammadpour wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:59 pm
I have applied since october 2019 and i email HO twice in 1 may and 1 july they have replayd with same responde nothing going forward! Does anyone know how long more i have to wait

Good Morning,

Your application is currently awaiting allocation to caseworker, we are currently working with reduced staffing levels due to the corona virus pandemic as per government guidelines

We will contact you should we require any further information, or once a decision has been made

Kind regards,

This response appears so odd when we see some people being approved within 5 days from date of biometrics.

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:36 am

standrews wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:00 pm
KenBossini wrote:
standrews wrote:

Good Afternoon,

Kind regards,

UKVI
Hi standrews,

Thanks,
K.
Hi There,

Goodluck!
This worked. Thanks again!

I got an email with pdf letter attached dated 15th Jul confirming my naturalisation. However, the accompanying email said the decision was made on 11th Mar. I wonder if I missed any communication in the interim as they normally wouldn't wait 4+ months to convey the decision.

Regards,
K.

Sohail222
Pakistan

Post by Sohail222 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:40 pm

What is it approval pdf of your application dated 15 July did you send them email asking about update????

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:13 pm

Sohail222 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:40 pm
What is it approval pdf of your application dated 15 July did you send them email asking about update????
Yes I sent an email to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Sohail222
Pakistan

Post by Sohail222 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Congratulations to you I apply my wife on the 27feb 2020 through solicitor I don’t have case ID MY solicitor said Covid is the delay if apply myself I could have case I’d i don’t want to get involved as I instructed solicitor better to wait close to 6 months then I ask my solicitor hopefully should here before then .

beginat
Newly Registered

Post by beginat » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:53 pm

UKVCAS update 20/07/2020
Applications from 1st June to 30June are in process.
Last month it was came on 29/06/2019. The process looks accilerated

Gurly93
Newly Registered

Post by Gurly93 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:10 am

Hello there
I have sent my application back in October 2019 and I have not heard anything since so decided to email them.. i got this response

I refer to your application for British Citizenship and your email enquiry. Upon investigation I can confirm that your citizenship ceremony documents have not yet been printed or despatched to the local authority. Your citizenship paperwork will be generated in coming weeks when current restrictions due to Coronavirus are eased.

In normal circumstances customers were required to book their citizenship ceremony within three months of being sent an invitation from the Home Office. Due to the current circumstances we have extended this period to six months. We will keep this under constant review. Please be assured that no adverse decisions will be made on your application because of delays caused by Coronavirus (unless there is a material change in your circumstances, for example, you are convicted of a criminal offence).

It does not state if my apllication has been approved or still under review?
Just wondering if anyone got a similar response from them???

Thank you

Humble123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Humble123 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:35 am

It’s good news ... your application is approved. Congrats