ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application: No professional referee agreed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Greekone
Newly Registered
Greece

MN1 application: No professional referee agreed

Post by Greekone » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:59 pm

Hello,
I am applying for my child MN1 application as born in the UK from EU parents and one of them, myself, has ILR (settled status approved).
IT asks for two referees and my undertanding is that one of them needed to have professional involvement with the child. I have called the health visitor and GP and they both have declined giving me different reasons. I have a friend who is a doctor (not British, is EU citizen but working in the NHS and is in the UK for more than 6 years) who is willing to be a referee.
1. Will they be accepted as a professional referree?
2. For the second i am having a british family friend.
3. How can i prove that have tried and failed? I have communicated with both of them on the phone as they do not book in person appointments at the moment due to the current situation.

Any help would be very helpful.

Thank you

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: MN1 application: No professional referee agreed

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:45 am

Greekone wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:59 pm
Hello,
I am applying for my child MN1 application as born in the UK from EU parents and one of them, myself, has ILR (settled status approved).
IT asks for two referees and my undertanding is that one of them needed to have professional involvement with the child. I have called the health visitor and GP and they both have declined giving me different reasons. I have a friend who is a doctor (not British, is EU citizen but working in the NHS and is in the UK for more than 6 years) who is willing to be a referee.
1. Will they be accepted as a professional referree?
2. For the second i am having a british family friend.
3. How can i prove that have tried and failed? I have communicated with both of them on the phone as they do not book in person appointments at the moment due to the current situation.

Any help would be very helpful.

Thank you
if you are a religious person, then you can get your church pastor or imam or other minister of religion to act as the referee.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:43 am

General information – all British nationals: nationality policy guidance
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
Any denist or teacher, etc?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greekone
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by Greekone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:37 pm

I just had another call with our health visitor who initially declined cause she said that she thought she should know us for more than two years and has agreed to be a referee.
I am sharing with her the referee form, so that she can read teh requirements and hopefullyu she will then agree to be a referee.

Thank you all for your help!