ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wolfgang-h
Newly Registered
Germany

Proof of language Requirements EEA PR - Naturalisation

Post by wolfgang-h » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:09 pm

I'm currently working on my Citizenship application. I'm an EU national with EEA PR grated last year.

I'm aware that I have to prove my language skills, and I though I was in the clear as I studied in the UK and that seems to be an accepted proof.
However, I wasn't asked to prove my skills during the PR application, and so it seems that now I can't use my two degrees as proof of language? Is that right?
Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013? (Required)

Applicants who applied for, and obtained, settlement on or after the 28th October 2013 using an English language qualification at level B1 or above can use this as evidence of their knowledge of English language. However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application.
I would have to answer "No" here, but "However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application." suggest that I can't use my degrees now.

What's my option here?

cheers!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof of language Requirements EEA PR - Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:41 pm

That piece is not relevant to EU/EEA applicants as it applies ONLY to UK immigration route ILR applicants. You select no.

A UK Degree is acceptable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wolfgang-h
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: Proof of language Requirements EEA PR - Naturalisation

Post by wolfgang-h » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:48 pm

@CR001,

Thanks for the quick answer, that wasn't obvious to me!

regards,
Wolfgang

wolfgang-h
Newly Registered
Germany

BRP Question

Post by wolfgang-h » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:57 pm

Hi,

My question is more about understanding the process than anything else. I have EEA PR (the paper card for £65), and the application asks me if I have a BRP, to which the answer is no.

Is there anything else I need to be aware of in this process? I presume I will need to make an appointment to have my biometrics taken at some point, but I'd just like to understand the route as I'm going through the process. It's not clear where to find the answers to all these questions.

Thanks!
Wolfgang

secret.simon

Re: BRP Question

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:15 pm

It may help if you clarify what application are you making?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:24 pm

OP is applying for naturalisation.

@wolfgang-h: The question about BRP is for those who have one, mainly non-EU citizens - you just answer NO to the question.
Once you have submitted/paid your application you will be directed to register with UKVCAS (https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal) and make an appointment for the biometrics. Note this is for biometrics only, not an appointment to check your documents. Biometrics are required for every application. You can also upload your documents.

I would ask further questions in the Brit. Citizenship forum.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:29 pm

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wolfgang-h
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by wolfgang-h » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:22 am

@alterhase58

Thank you for the answer, I thought something like that would happen, good to know!

regards,
Wolfgang