ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my spouse (on spouse visa FLR) a dependent?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Thelugi
Spain

Is my spouse (on spouse visa FLR) a dependent?

Post by Thelugi » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:52 pm

Hi everyone!

Looks like every step I take, I require this forum's expertise... so here we are again! :D

Anyway, long story short, I am currently applying for Naturalisation (still filling up the application form online). I have a query about the question on dependents.

My husband is here on a Family Visa FLR (we did the Fiance Visa, got married and applied for his first FLR), of which I am the sponsor.
He currently works full time, pays taxes and NI and everything.
I am also on a full time job, paying taxes, NI and everything.

The question is:

Does my husband count as a dependent?

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

vinny

Re: Is my spouse (on spouse visa FLR) a dependent?

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:14 am

I think he’s your dependant for Immigration purposes, as his immigration status is dependent on yours.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Thelugi
Spain

Post by Thelugi » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:11 pm

Thank you so much, vinny :D

Thelugi
Spain

EU citizen with Permanent Residence Certificate - Need for CSI?

Post by Thelugi » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:19 pm

Hi all,

There's a topic that has caused me a bit of confusion and I'm hoping I can get some confirmation on my thoughts of CSI requirement for Naturalisation.

I am currently applying for naturalisation (just waiting on my 2nd referee's declaration at the moment - hopefully I can finish my application this weekend).

I am an EU citizen and I have a Document Certifying Permanent Residence (DCPR) that was issued in 2017.

For my last 5 years, I have been a student (2015-2016) and have been employed full time since 2016 to date.

Now, I have been reading some topics on this forum about the requirement of having CSI for the period that I was a student for (since my first year of my 5 year qualifying period, I was still a student).

To get my PR back in 2017, I did have to prove that I was fully self sufficient (having CSI), which I did, using a mix of Comprehensive Sickness Insurance confirmation letter and my EHIC card (issued by a country other than the UK).

When I have completed my application for naturalisation, I get asked to provide the following documents:
  • Passport issued by (country) for Ms Thelugi
  • The degree certificate for Ms Thelugi to prove level of English language required
  • Ms Thelugi's proof of nationality
  • Proof of living in the UK for Ms Thelugi for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen
  • Two referee declarations for Ms Thelugi.
At no point does that list ask me for proof of my CSI for the year that I was a student for.

Now, finally getting to my question...Based on Page 26 of this guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

Am I right to assume that the reason I do not need to include CSI for my naturalisation application is because I am applying with a Document Certifying Permanent Residence?

Thanks for reading my post and also thanks in advance for any clarification you can provide guys!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:33 pm

You may be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Thelugi
Spain

Proof of living in the UK for 5 years

Post by Thelugi » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:18 pm

Hi guys,

Just a quick question for peace of mind.

For the evidence of living in the UK for 5 years, I have acquired letters from my employer (confirming my working start date and that I'm employed to date) and also a letter from my university confirming that my course was full time and its start and finish dates.

I'm an EEA citizen so my passport does not get stamped every time I come in and out of the UK.

Are the 2 letters described above considered 'enough' evidence to satisfy the requirement of living in the UK for 5 years? Or should I be providing further evidence?

Appreciate if you can share your thoughts/experience on this matter.

Cheers!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:04 pm

The documents you mentioned are sufficient.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.